ADVICE PLEASE

NIGHTSHADOW

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shaheen
a big bin lid works on the same principles as a fiber glass one. yes in theory try and do stuff propa and get it right from the start,

but why buy when you can make ?

A bin lid has a fairly "sharp" edge and not rounded so a mishap can happen with leash/swivel catching on the bath and snag causing problems.

Shaheen

a big bin lid works on the same principles as a fiber glass one. yes in theory try and do stuff propa and get it right from the start,

A bin lid has a fairly "sharp" edge and not rounded so a mishap can happen with leash/swivel catching on the bath and snag causing problems.

Shaheen

ha had to have chuckle at that there :laugh:

now think of the set up i.e harris on bow perch and bath set out as normal but its a bin lid as already said. now the harris jumpes on down to the bath,

sorry but theres no way could the swivel never mind the leash could cause the bird problems i.e snagging :hmm: to the bird at all.

Guest shaheen

Shaheen

now think of the set up i.e harris on bow perch and bath set out as normal but its a bin lid as already said. now the harris jumpes on down to the bath,

sorry but theres no way could the swivel never mind the leash could cause the bird problems i.e snagging :hmm: to the bird at all.

Well comercial hawk bath's Sides return down to the floor for a reason ie to protect against foot / feather damage and leash catching and a stipled floor to prevent sliping.

But then what do i know cos ive just been in it 5 minutes and know cock all... ;)

Shaheen

Edited by shaheen

Shaheen

Well comercial hawk bath's Sides return down to the floor for a reason ie to protect against foot / feather damage and leash catching and a stipled floor to prevent sliping.

But then what do i know cos ive just been in it 5 minutes and know cock all... ;)

Shaheen

yea not totaly saying your wrong mate, but as you say that your just starting out as time passes by you will look at things diffrently,

but i cant see a swivel catching on the side and causing problems lol ;)

Guest shaheen

Well a leash can get caught on a lipped bath like on a wrongly designed Bow perch catching on the sides, plus the mew's jesse's can stradle the edges of the bath bin lid bath etc then broken feather's etc .Rounded edges prevent snagging of the the leash!!!.

And ive seen other peoples results with broken decks and bateing hawks tipping up baths...........

post-9533-1194900655.jpg

Shaheen

Edited by shaheen
Well a leash can get caught on a lipped bath like on a wrongly designed Bow perch catching on the sides, plus the mew's jesse's can stradle the edges of the bath bin lid bath etc then broken feather's etc .Rounded edges prevent snagging of the the leash!!!.

And ive seen other peoples results with broken decks and bateing hawks tipping up baths...........

post-9533-1194900655.jpg

Shaheen

obviously yes use the right stuff from the start as its obviously better that a bin lid by all accounts, i have used propa baths all the time and always will do,

all im saying is that a bin lid will do the job provided.

but each to there own !

Guest shaheen

post-9533-1194900655.jpg

Shaheen

obviously yes use the right stuff from the start as its obviously better that a bin lid by all accounts, i have used propa baths all the time and always will do,

but each to there own !

Ok,what hawk you hunt with and how many seasons just out of interest as im real nosey!

Cheers

Shaheen

Edited by shaheen

post-9533-1194900655.jpg

Shaheen

but each to there own !

Ok,what hawk you hunt with and how many seasons just out of interest as im real nosey!

Cheers

Shaheen

enough seasons to offer good advise i think ;) at the moment i have a harris hawk i have also had kestrels and muskets and various long wings, also worked with various birds from gloden eagals to pigmy owls !