Not Long Now

Thought I'd put a update on because iv not done one in a wile, so I've kept 2 Hobs and 1 Jill out my litter and there coming on a treat there 13 weeks old now and exactly how I wanted them the hobs are tiny but are a thick set and the Jill is a little bit bigger than them but shes a thick set aswell.

Theyre looking good. The last pic looks a lot like one of my kits. Cant wait to try mine out, probably hold them back until later in the season. What age are you planning on starting yours mate?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd put a update on because iv not done one in a wile, so I've kept 2 Hobs and 1 Jill out my litter and there coming on a treat there 13 weeks old now and exactly how I wanted them the hobs ar

5 weeks old now and all there eyes are open now and they can't get enuf of rabbit as well

8 weeks old today and ready to go I've still got the two albino hobs if anybody is interested

Posted Images

Thought I'd put a update on because iv not done one in a wile, so I've kept 2 Hobs and 1 Jill out my litter and there coming on a treat there 13 weeks old now and exactly how I wanted them the hobs are tiny but are a thick set and the Jill is a little bit bigger than them but shes a thick set aswell.

Theyre looking good. The last pic looks a lot like one of my kits. Cant wait to try mine out, probably hold them back until later in the season. What age are you planning on starting yours mate?
Cheers mate, that the hob kit that he's a nice little hob him, planning on giving the Hobs a go when there 7 months so in December and the Jill at 8 months so January but all depends on if I think there ready or not I'm not gonna rush them in to it anyway

Cheers mate, that the hob kit that he's a nice little hob him, planning on giving the Hobs a go when there 7 months so in December and the Jill at 8 months so January but all depends on if I think there ready or not I'm not gonna rush them in to it anyway

how do you know if they are ready or not? can starting them too early spoil em? Im just gettin misen set back up. have 2hobs about 4 months old and 2 jills about 3 months. i was planning on starting trying the hobs on some small warrens soon. I dont have any older stock to turn to!

how do you know if they are ready or not? can starting them too early spoil em? Im just gettin misen set back up. have 2hobs about 4 months old and 2 jills about 3 months. i was planning on starting trying the hobs on some small warrens soon. I dont have any older stock to turn to!

If I was in your shoes not having any older ferrets to work with I would start the 2 hobs at 5 months old and hold the jills back until the following season.

Theres always a chance that a young ferret could be put off if he gets a good kicking underground before hes ready.

If I was in your shoes not having any older ferrets to work with I would start the 2 hobs at 5 months old and hold the jills back until the following season.

Theres always a chance that a young ferret could be put off if he gets a good kicking underground before hes ready.

One of the hobs is quite a big lad so I was thinking of mainly working him to start. Lurcherlad off here has taken me along with him and I have let my hobs follow his through some small warrens. All good practice I guess. Proper itchin to get out and get into it thats the prob!

When you spend time with them you'll see the different Characters and personality that they all have and you'll start seeing the stronger ones to the the weaker one the more time you spend with them you'll start seeing it, don't know about anybody else but that's how I figure it out Edited by OneManAndHisDog

When you spend time with them you'll see the different Characters and personality that they all have and you'll start seeing the stronger ones to the the weaker one the more time you spend with them you'll start seeing it, don't know about anybody else but that's how I figure it out

I can see the different personalities in them already. The only similarity between the two hobs is the colour. Size and temperment totally different, you wouldnt pick them as brothers. I kind of favour the big lad because hes more laid back but as far as working goes I guess I will find out in time. My plan was to give them this season and next season and judge em on that. if I think I have a good working hobs/jills I will breed them in a couple years time for my own stock. If I dont think they are worth it then I wont be bothering, get vasectomised/neutered.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...