Not Long Now

My jills given birth today, haven't seen them yet but I can hear the squeaks very clearly. Im going to give it a week before I go in for a proper look just to be safe.

Hoping its not a big litter, last few days shes looked as though she had a tennis ball in her gut, she was huge.

Good luck with them mate hope you get a nice size litter

Edited by OneManAndHisDog

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd put a update on because iv not done one in a wile, so I've kept 2 Hobs and 1 Jill out my litter and there coming on a treat there 13 weeks old now and exactly how I wanted them the hobs ar

5 weeks old now and all there eyes are open now and they can't get enuf of rabbit as well

8 weeks old today and ready to go I've still got the two albino hobs if anybody is interested

Posted Images

Seems like my jill wasa bit of a nervous first time mother, the morning after she gave birth she dragged all the bedding out and just ran around the run like a lunatic, thinking the worst I took a look in the sleeping compartment and found 6 live kits 1 dead kit still in the birth sack which Im assuming was stillborn and 1 which seemed to have been pushed aside and died.

She seems to have gotten the hang of it now though.

• Like 1

yh im hoping for 5 or 6 as the lads hob i used wants a few thought she might of been abit nippy after giving birth but she was fine just got half way out her nest to come and see me and let me stoke her she a lovely ferret never tried to nip me not even out working ,,,ill try get a better look in the morning

• Like 1

Had a look at the kits tonight to see properly how many she had and she's had 5 which is perfect because I didn't want a big litter

How are they looking now mate?

I had to cull one yesterday unfortunately, She was less than half the size of the others so I thought she was a runt that would eventualy catch up, went in for a closer look and she was quite deformed. Of the 5 I have left 3 are poleys and the other 2 are albinos, seem big healthy kits, What colours did you get?

Edited by pie-eater
  • Like 1

Just an update on the kits, 3 weeks old today looking good up to now, starting to move around abit now as well, the ones that look poley They look like they've got a white head?

Theyre looking nice and healthy, have they showed any interest in eating yet?

Just an update on the kits, 3 weeks old today looking good up to now, starting to move around abit now as well, the ones that look poley They look like they've got a white head?

Theyre looking nice and healthy, have they showed any interest in eating yet?
No not yet mate they probably will in a couple of days though

Update on the kits just wanted to do one every week to see there progress, they can't get enuff of rabbit now

My kits started eating yesterday, strange thing but 1 of my kits has had her eyes open since day 20, thought that wouldn't happen until week 4 at least. Amazing how fast they grow at this age, I suppose another week and its time to start handling them a bit.