Not Long Now

Very nice. Is it albino to albino? All the best with them mate

Cheers mate, no it's a albino to a polcat

Im expecting kits in 3 weeks, also a polecat hob over an albino jill. Im hoping for a couple of light coloured hobs for myself. Good luck with them

Cheers pie-eater hope everything goes well for
Yeah pie-eater good luck with the last 3 weeks I hope you have a good strong litter all the best mate

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd put a update on because iv not done one in a wile, so I've kept 2 Hobs and 1 Jill out my litter and there coming on a treat there 13 weeks old now and exactly how I wanted them the hobs ar

5 weeks old now and all there eyes are open now and they can't get enuf of rabbit as well

8 weeks old today and ready to go I've still got the two albino hobs if anybody is interested

Posted Images

Hi guys, Sorry if its a silly question but am still learning: What age do you start working your ferrets?

Some people work them from 6-8 months, I start mine at 8 months with a experience Jill, so at 8 months it'll be coming to the end of the session so they know what to do for the next session then.

lovely looking polecat hob that mate, i have two polecat jills both were put to hobs this season a big polecat hob and a large white hob with black eyes, both jills and hobs cracking workers although the hobs aren't mine. my jills should be due back end of next week if all has gone well.

hope all goes well for you buddy and look forward to the updates

lovely looking polecat hob that mate, i have two polecat jills both were put to hobs this season a big polecat hob and a large white hob with black eyes, both jills and hobs cracking workers although the hobs aren't mine. my jills should be due back end of next week if all has gone well.

Cheers mate hope every thing goes well for you mate, he's a great little ferret but he just switches now and again for no reason but saying that when I got him I couldn't even hold him without him trying to bite me, I don't think the guy who I got him of even tried to handle him.

Hi guys, Sorry if its a silly question but am still learning: What age do you start working your ferrets?

Start season after they born, unless they late breds then its usualy after crimbo time, but they start grafting properly the season after if that makes sense mate

Some people work them from 6-8 months, I start mine at 8 months with a experience Jill, so at 8 months it'll be coming to the end of the session so they know what to do for the next session then.

Okay thanks guys, so basically first season is just like a trial run, learning their trade so to speak?

Cheers mate hope every thing goes well for you mate, he's a great little ferret but he just switches now and again for no reason but saying that when I got him I couldn't even hold him without him trying to bite me, I don't think the guy who I got him of even tried to handle him.

cheers bud, yeah i had a polecat jill like that a couple of years back, it was weird as i could hand feed her and she would be gentle, you could pick her up no bother when she was in her hutch or on the ground, she would turn a little but wouldn't nip. Put her near a rabbit hole and she would work her little socks off, never had a worker as good she could shift anything. Try to dig her out of a set and she would nail you every time no matter what you did. and she was prone to some really odd moment where she would come out of a set and you would go near her and she would just start squeeling a spraying all over the shop and would take your fingers off. Only thing you could do is try to get her in her box and call it a day. I think she may have been abused by her former keeper tho, either that or as you said not handled enough. Hopefully if you stick with him he will get better, best of luck with the kits to come

joel

cheers bud, yeah i had a polecat jill like that a couple of years back, it was weird as i could hand feed her and she would be gentle, you could pick her up no bother when she was in her hutch or on the ground, she would turn a little but wouldn't nip. Put her near a rabbit hole and she would work her little socks off, never had a worker as good she could shift anything. Try to dig her out of a set and she would nail you every time no matter what you did. and she was prone to some really odd moment where she would come out of a set and you would go near her and she would just start squeeling a spraying all over the shop and would take your fingers off. Only thing you could do is try to get her in her box and call it a day. I think she may have been abused by her former keeper tho, either that or as you said not handled enough. Hopefully if you stick with him he will get better, best of luck with the kits to come

joel

Years ago I had a jill who, when she was younger, would turn into a tiger once she came out of a warren. It was like she'd got her blood up and a red mist just came down on her. All other times she was good as gold. She grew out of it as she got older. She was one hell of a worker but she got a bit too good at killing underground for my liking.

joel

Years ago I had a jill who, when she was younger, would turn into a tiger once she came out of a warren. It was like she'd got her blood up and a red mist just came down on her. All other times she was good as gold. She grew out of it as she got older. She was one hell of a worker but she got a bit too good at killing underground for my liking.

Haha the hobs where'd he's alright when he's out but when he's in the cage he just switchs?

where abouts in Manchester are you pal? where a rare breed us lads on here

haha

Near altrincham mate

Got some land Oldham way if you ever fancy a trip out. Havent got the ferrets anymore but still got sole land permission

where abouts in Manchester are you pal? where a rare breed us lads on here

haha

Near altrincham mate

Got some land Oldham way if you ever fancy a trip out. Havent got the ferrets anymore but still got sole land permission

Yeah that's great that mate we'll have to sort something out for next session