Break Barrel Springers.

its a 97 with longer barrel and tuned by sandwell field sports mate vid below ;)

I've put my HW77 into an HW97 stock like this one and the handling is absolutely superb. So I'd love a try-out with this Chieftain and add one to my collection. But the shooting Davy's put in here is really first class. 64 yards on a bottle top is really pushing it.

I really like the way Sandwell Field Sports have finished off the muzzle here. Looks a cracking rifle in all respects.

But then, it's a 77/97 tuned rifle from Tony Wall so what else should we expect?!!

Edited by pianoman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weihrauch??

i would opt for a 98 or if i was you and to be honest the tune will make the rifle no more accurate than it already is , the difference with tuning is it will smooth out the action and recoil making

I would buy a tuned rifle from Sandwell Field Sports and get them to post it to your nearest gun shop. I did this and my SFS tuned HW95 .20 cal is the last gun in my collection that I would part wit

its a 97 with longer barrel and tuned by sandwell field sports mate vid below ;)

I've put my HW77 into an HW97 stock like this one and the handling is absolutely superb. So I'd love a try-out with this Chieftain and add one to my collection. But the shooting Davy's put in here is really first class. 64 yards on a bottle top is really pushing it.

I really like the way Sandwell Field Sports have finished off the muzzle here. Looks a cracking rifle in all respects.

But then, it's a 77/97 tuned rifle from Tony Wall so what else should we expect?!!

Hello Pianoman

I missed owning one from villamans mate, I think by one night or so. I think they are only in .177 and thought I was being offered a Tuned Hw95 in .177 and I wanted a 95 in .22.

As soon as I clicked what it was I PM'ed the guy who seemed real nice and was quick with a reply but I had missed it by then.

I really want some tuning by Sandwell field sport but think he is flat out at the moment so have put off ringing him.

I got a new HW 95 local after missing out on that Sandwell tuned gun.

• Like 1

I have been plinking most nights after work but have no scope on it yet, I am still hitting an a4 sheet of paper from one side of the barn to the other from a standing position. I find this rifle fits me like a glove and being a hw95k I have not noticed any flip that people report.

Not sure what will happen when I get a scope on ?

Very nice, let us know what you think of the Nikon. Was it a 40mm objective lens?

No it's a 50.

It's still in the box in the back of my van. I picked it up yesterday tea time but we had friends round last night so had no time to ply with it.

What is there not to like about Nikon scopes? They are superb :yes:

I have had Nikon cameras for years so hope it's as good as them. I went for the New pro staff 7 with it's 30 mm tube.

I have taken a chance as there is not a lot of info on utube.

I could have got an older model a fair bit cheaper but this one called out to me (buy me) so I did.

Nikon optics are properly pushing the quality and cost boundaries. If they did a half inch mil dot, hawke etc can sod off.

Optically and generally aesthetics are super. Real nice. Until you get one, you dont know how good they are. The focus always seems to be on the bullet side of things though.

• Like 1

I managed to get the Nikon Prostaff 7 mounted on the hw95 tonight, sportsmatch dampa one piece mount.

It all feels good quality. Will start to zero after work tomorrow.

It seems to have took ages to get to this point.

• Like 1

I managed to get the Nikon Prostaff 7 mounted on the hw95 tonight, sportsmatch dampa one piece mount.It all feels good quality. Will start to zero after work tomorrow.It seems to have took ages to get to this point.

You've made the right choice my man. Have you gone purist with a 30/30 or the BDC?

I managed to get the Nikon Prostaff 7 mounted on the hw95 tonight, sportsmatch dampa one piece mount.It all feels good quality. Will start to zero after work tomorrow.It seems to have took ages to get to this point.

You've made the right choice my man. Have you gone purist with a 30/30 or the BDC?

Hello Rez

I went for the BDC because I thought I could use the circles for hold over when I get used to it.

The mount and the scope seem a good match. The scope is great to use and will only be better when I get out of the dark barns.

I give it a first zero at about 15 yards which is about as wide as the barns are.

I will have another go tomorrow down the length of the barn and then outside to look for skemies.