Break Barrel Springers.

Hello guys

I have had another good night around the barns with the hw95 and the Nikon Pro Staff 7, not sure if it's the 95 or the pro staff but what a good week for woodies.

With a bit of look I may get my mini chrono tomorrow, I am getting it from Ramsbottoms on the low cost post.

How about it's a case of BOTH rifle and scope with the right pellet....Oh and a decently improving shooter who's starting to "gel" with it all alright? Eh, VWman?! :thumbs:

Give yourself a bit of credit here. Well done!

Simon

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weihrauch??

i would opt for a 98 or if i was you and to be honest the tune will make the rifle no more accurate than it already is , the difference with tuning is it will smooth out the action and recoil making

I would buy a tuned rifle from Sandwell Field Sports and get them to post it to your nearest gun shop. I did this and my SFS tuned HW95 .20 cal is the last gun in my collection that I would part wit

Hello guys

I did not want to be one of those guys that asked for help then never came back to say thank you for all your help.

And to let you all know how it is all going with the highs and the lows.

I have dropped some clangers but it is all good fun.

Did I tell you about setting up the scope on the 77 and it was a bit dark in the barn so I zoomed the scope up to 9 to check where the pellets were landing, then the next time I went out I missed the bird because when I put my eye to the scope I could not see a thing LOL.

• Like 1

With all this talk about hw100's not going well I am pleased I have a couple of good springers to be going on with LOL.

My turn will come for a hw100 but it's springers all the way for now. I hope all the practice helps me for when I get a PCP.

Most of this is the shooter ,not cleaning barrels or wrong pellets!!

• Like 1

With all this talk about hw100's not going well I am pleased I have a couple of good springers to be going on with LOL.

My turn will come for a hw100 but it's springers all the way for now. I hope all the practice helps me for when I get a PCP.

Still got to have your digs

TWAT :laugh::tongue2:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Dog with a bone mate !

Just as well its all men't in jest though

• Like 1

Dog with a bone mate !

Just as well its all men't in jest though

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I would buy a tuned rifle from Sandwell Field Sports and get them to post it to your nearest gun shop.

I did this and my SFS tuned HW95 .20 cal is the last gun in my collection that I would part with.

• Like 2

Or both.... :whistling:

• Like 1

Why is it that when you shoot at pigeon that is just out of range or you have messed up your hold over and missed the sound of the shot is different when the pellet connects.

More feral pigeons tonight and when I got home the postman had been with a mini chrono and also the ties that villaman put me onto, happy days.

Edited by VWman

More pigeons tonight, I managed to thread a shot past some hanging chain then under a duct over an RSJ and knocked a pigeon straight off the corn driver flat on it's back. The game keeper from the farm was stood with me as I took the shot and he said, bloody hell what a shot. As I am quite newish to the sport I felt some pride in my shooting, what a good feeling. I know that all you lads with lots of experience just take it all in you stride as no big deal but it is all good for me as I improve as I need to get to the next level and the one after that LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have put a fair few pellets through the HW95 and it was feeling very strong so the next step was to check the out put.

I got a combro as recommended by you guys.

Great little tool, I checked my 77 first and it was 10.9 to 11.3 with superdomes, they are both .22 and 11.4 to 11.59 with rws hobby which i was told would be most likely to put it over. I was very pleased with that.

Then i tried the hw95 and it was 11.93 which i thought was to close to the limit for my comfort so i wipped the scope off no open sights and got it back to the shop the next morning.

The gunsmith had a quick look and said there was some grease in the transfere port so he squirted some cleaner called scrubber into the gun then fired it until al the cleaner had been expelled.

He tested it for what seemed like a lot of pellets and it settled down to 11.1 with super domes and 11.3 with hobbys.

i will keep an eye on it and hope it settles at that.

The HW95 is my go to rifle for pigeons around the barns and is shooting that good i can't put it down.