Break Barrel Springers.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weihrauch??

i would opt for a 98 or if i was you and to be honest the tune will make the rifle no more accurate than it already is , the difference with tuning is it will smooth out the action and recoil making

I would buy a tuned rifle from Sandwell Field Sports and get them to post it to your nearest gun shop. I did this and my SFS tuned HW95 .20 cal is the last gun in my collection that I would part wit

Mate have a look at the Walther range. Trust me you wont regret it. If you were close I'd lend you my century for a week while Il get over my injury ie broken thumb

Hello bauble

I think I would like the walther break barrel but the IMP is light and very pointable but will take ages and a lot of traveling to sort out.

I am just trying to think it through.

The Walther LGV master ultra in .22 was the one I had my eye on, not sure of it's price or where to get it from ?

also not sure where it fits in the walther break barrel range.

Is your rifle a heavy lump ?

Get a standard 95k then!

So is the hw95 a light weight hw 80 ? but the same cost as an 80

Not quite as bomb proof as the 80 and as with any HW supplied these days will no doubt require fettling to remove swarf, burrs, split seals and get rid of the buzz that is like a bee in a tinfoil factory. But when sorted it is a nice low recoiling carbine that makes the limit easily! Unlike an Imp it is available off the shelf, responds well to drop in kits and is also available in .177!

• Like 2

Hello guys

Thanks for the feed back.

I have had another quick look at the airgun world book and made a few notes :-

Diana 54 airking 9.9 lbs, pro sport 9.5 lbs, tx200 9lbs, lgv master 9.23 lbs hw97 9lbs, hw77 8.8lbs, hw 80 8.4 lbs hw98 8.25 lbs

and then there is the hw99 at 6.95 say 7lbs,

The one that is standing out is the Hw 95 which costs more than the hw99 so you would think that extra cost must be in the build quality which can only be good.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about the hw 95 ?

I have a new hw77 that is ripe for a good tune up so the seems no point in getting another heavy weight at the moment but the Hw 95 would be different so would make a good mate for the other one.

Am I on the right track ?

Interestingly although the 99s is lighter/smaller (though they share a very similar action) the 99 does not suffer from muzzle flip like the 95 CAN do, so if you get a 95 make sure you have a nice heavy moderator on the end, both the 99s and 95 are capable of phenomenal accuracy, especially when tuned, I loved my 99s after I tuned it, and it was amazingly accurate, but I like a big heavy rifle, so let it go, the next HW springer I would like to try is the 98, but not the one with the adjustable stock, but the Luxus which is only available from Germany, but with that heavy bull barrel to all but eliminate flip at the muzzle, I would imagine a well tuned one would be amazing.

Hello guys

Thanks for the feed back.

I have had another quick look at the airgun world book and made a few notes :-

Diana 54 airking 9.9 lbs, pro sport 9.5 lbs, tx200 9lbs, lgv master 9.23 lbs hw97 9lbs, hw77 8.8lbs, hw 80 8.4 lbs hw98 8.25 lbs

and then there is the hw99 at 6.95 say 7lbs,

The one that is standing out is the Hw 95 which costs more than the hw99 so you would think that extra cost must be in the build quality which can only be good.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about the hw 95 ?

I have a new hw77 that is ripe for a good tune up so the seems no point in getting another heavy weight at the moment but the Hw 95 would be different so would make a good mate for the other one.

Am I on the right track ?

If you've got a 77 get a 99. Further away from the heavy weights of the HW range. The 95 ain't heavy, but the 99 will be a good choice.

I get all my springer,s tuned and polished regardless of maker or cal

Hell iv just done a smk and the recoil is none existent lol and thats a smk

Im getting a v,mach kit and welsh willy trigger for the new hw80

and if she turns out any thing like my 97 then ill be a happy bunny

But alass as mole has say,d the hw range new from the factory are not good from what was a cracking rifle maker to what they are now and the way they are sent out ie, full of unwanted grease badly cut springs and so on .

Hell even there flag ship model the hw100 have there problems out the box (not all of them)

When you pay good strong money for your rifle new the last thing on your mind is to strip degrease and tune your brand new rifle

One day at the shooting range i was lucky enough to have a go of one of the first 97.s that was made and boy was she nice to shoot the owner told me he had,had it from new and had never put a screw driver to it

Why o why did they let there standards slip

We all no what they are capable of but then again just look at the state of

Daystate at the moment ?

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS, was nopt going to buy any more rifles after the 80 but now you lot have me looking at the lgv, lgu

TWATS

• Like 2

Shame about weihrauch build quality now do you think it's because they are in such demand these days that they are having to drop QC to get the number of rifles out?

Everytime I'm reading threads like this I think I need a new rifle then I get the prosport out and she reminds me I don't want anything else :)

I think 4kg is the top weight of what you want to be carrying around personally some of the dianas and Walthers sound great but bit heavy!

95 is cheaper than a 80 , for 95 £300 80 about £360

Hello villaman

Is that send away prices, the air gun world book price is 334 for the hw95. I had a look in the local gun shop and they had a 350 tag on it, I asked them about price and they said where did I get my price from and just said it's the book price and they twisted a bit and then said they would match the price but I could tell that they were not really happy. I wonder how they would go on with a person that wanted a good price.

95 is cheaper than a 80 , for 95 £300 80 about £360

Hello villaman

Is that send away prices, the air gun world book price is 334 for the hw95. I had a look in the local gun shop and they had a 350 tag on it, I asked them about price and they said where did I get my price from and just said it's the book price and they twisted a bit and then said they would match the price but I could tell that they were not really happy. I wonder how they would go on with a person that wanted a good price.

From my local gun shop and he will do me a HW80k for £350 , the sportingmangus centre are doing the 80 for under £300 and the 95k. http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/category/Guns/Weihrauch_1/p-42/ Edited by villaman

i have a 95 in .22 and has a noticable muzzle filp build quaity is fine and this totally standard out of the box ;) accurate as would be expected ;) but would still opt for the 98 as shrouded barrel tames the flip and the stock being adjustable helps with personal fit ;) you wont go wrong with any though mate hard choice i know. Have you shouldered any of the rifles as weight sometimes feels different because of how the rifle fits and balances in your own shoulder ;)

• Like 1