Break Barrel Springers.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weihrauch??

i would opt for a 98 or if i was you and to be honest the tune will make the rifle no more accurate than it already is , the difference with tuning is it will smooth out the action and recoil making

I would buy a tuned rifle from Sandwell Field Sports and get them to post it to your nearest gun shop. I did this and my SFS tuned HW95 .20 cal is the last gun in my collection that I would part wit

WIEHRAUCH HW80 or HW80K

I can only go by what I own and have owned before. ABOLUTELY BRILLIANT RIFLE.

What more can anyone possibly want from a .22 break-barrel rifle that can put a pellet on a pellet at 45 metres?

Simon

• Like 1

Unfortunately new out of the box even your HW95 will need stripping, cleaning, getting rid of the swarf, the burrs removing, polishing, possibly attention paid to the spring, even polishing the sear on the usually excellent Rekord trigger. It is sad when what was a brilliant gun is being let down by penny pinching at the factory to squeeze even more profit per unit.

Really is spoiling the ship for a hape'orth of tar....

But when they are sorted, they are superb!

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 2

Agree with mole 100% so if you can find a tuned one, or indeed have it tuned if you dont want to do it yourself, you will have the best break barrel rifle out there, if you are not watching the pennies too much, a Sandwell field sports tuned unit will be a superb bit of kit.

• Like 1

Yes VWman the LGV is just as good as HW80 out the box if not better.

I would second this. The LGV is the best spring rifle I've shot. I didn't even own it, but my god it is something else, as I've said in a past post. I have to say though, without shooting standard springers and any "tuned" rifle, you won't appreciate how good it actually is out of the box as they say, as you don't have any to compare it too. It would bend an 80 over @ new... The 80 will live much longer though... Much much much longer.

Highly recommended.

Hello and thanks for the feed back.

It sounds to me like all the rifles respond well to a full tune and trigger job. Are there any top draw tuners in the north east ?

I would like to get SFS to just sort me out but it's a long run from Redcar and he is a very busy man.

If you were to just compare tuned rifles only then which would be the the best or on pare the top group, do some respond better to a hand build than others and how far can you go. Is there such a thing as a Rolls Royce break barrel springer ?