Tikka T3 Comb Raiser

I'm thinking of raising my rifles comb to help with head stability for longer shots. I could get a custom stock with a raised comb but I rather like the 'hunter' factory stock.

I'm not a big fan of the neoprene socks and seen this which looks smart;

http://www.bearskin.no/produkt/bearproof-precision/bearproof-precision-comb-raiser-English

Anybody used one? Or know of a UK stockist?

• Like 1

DIY ??? Dead easy ! :) I use a piece of water pipe insulation and carve it to the exact fit for my cheek. Tape it to the stock, try it then pop a neoprene sleeve over it.

post-94065-0-55762500-1431465723_thumb.jpg

post-94065-0-17817300-1431465647_thumb.jpg

post-94065-0-44547700-1431465428_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cedric

You need to be a bit carefull using comb raisers because they not only lift the height but push your head away from the stock at the same time. It's worth spending time to get them exactly where they need to be.

If its any help Quantum I could make your factory tikka walnut stock have a fully adjustable cheek riser that can be adjusted up and then down to have the same line as the standard stock

I've done many rifles rimfire centerfire and air rifles and stocks on shot guns too, just done my anschutz a few weeks ago I will try put some pics up if your interested Quantum

If its any help Quantum I could make your factory tikka walnut stock have a fully adjustable cheek riser that can be adjusted up and then down to have the same line as the standard stock

I've done many rifles rimfire centerfire and air rifles and stocks on shot guns too, just done my anschutz a few weeks ago I will try put some pics up if your interested Quantum

That is something I had considered. I'll have to have a think about my options. I'd be interested in seeing some pics though mate. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...