Was Feeling Down About Shooting But The 97 Sorted It

As most of you no i was feeling down about the way i have been shooting lately and was even thinking of giving it all up and selling up but this week end iv swapped the scorpion t10 for a nv unit and i got my new ZOS 6x24x50 swat scopes so i fitted the zos to the 97 sporter 22 and the nv to the s410,22 and put the mtc mambas on the pro sport 177 for now .

Iv been sitting twiddling my thumbs looking at the clock so i could go and zero the nv and the 97 so when the time came around 6pm off i went set the target out to 27 yards and started with the 97 got her spot on in a few shots i was well amazed at the zos scopes that i got off ebay they come with side wheel, sun shade,scope mounts,flip up covers all for £68 plus £8 post .

Now its been a long time since iv been out with the 97 so i went for a walk about with her and ended up at the play aerier(a little park on my perm) where i just sit in a little space under the climbing frame where im well hidden (must add that this is a public farm and is closed at a cert-on time so no public about ) When some thing court me eye ,cant be ,no way not here

FECK ME IT IS .............................A.................

GRAY SQUIRREL

Just sitting on the fence i lifted the rifle up but it ran and fecked off up the tree

so i scanned the tree using the scope and there it was just sitting but its head was behind a branch so i lined the shot up for heart and lung and squeezed the trigger the gentile nudge of the stock in my shoulder told me the pellet was on its way

WHACK and it fell to the ground now i was like a kid in a sweet shop as this in all my years of shooting was the first one iv shot .

now iv seen some red on this perm but no grays .

This was the start of a good night and not with any pcp it was a springer i put the rifle down and went to pick the gray up and went back to where i was sitting .

The sun was shining down the wind was up so i left the hiding place and went for another walk about .

I came across a hair sitting about 60 yards away so i closed the gap to 30 yards and kneeling lined the shot up and sent the jsb on its way one shot one kill it just rolled over

two in the bag

i then went back to the tank for a drink then off for another wander where i saw a nice rabbit sitting about 35 yards and using the fence post to steady my shot let loose another jsb 15,89 it found its mark but in doing so the rabbit back flipped into the brambles and could i feck find it .

I then went down to the paddocks where there right in the corner of the paddock was a little rabbit so over the fence i went and with a standing shot dropped another at about 20 yards

So three in the bag ,squirrel, hair,and a rabbit

and all with a

97 SPRING RIFLE

22CAL

I had left the camera at home.

But i did take some photos on my new phone so once i can sort it out ill put them up Just cant get my head around the bloody thing yet lol

I then went and set the nv up on the s410 and got her spot on to i did have a little walk around but not a lot about so i called it a night and headed home

HAPPY FOR ONCE

So was feeling down about shooting but the 97 sorted it

Simon i no you love your hw77 but mate them 97,s

are some thing else

here are photos i took at home

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-26525800-1431387305_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-60374500-1431387315_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As most of you no i was feeling down about the way i have been shooting lately and was even thinking of giving it all up and selling up but this week end iv swapped the scorpion t10 for a nv unit and

i dont shoot pcps any more i was brought up with springers and i get more pleasure shooting a spring gun then the pcps,this tx200 in the right hands is as good as as any pcps,nothing better then takin

NAAAAAAAAAA 97 sporter 22   22 is best :tongue2:   atvbjimmy :thumbs:

Posted Images

Whats the best way to cook the hair mole as i no the meats tuff

Slowly, still can't get my head around how some people, not you, confuse rabbits and hares, hares are twice the size, apart from the physical charecteristics, colouration etc. Anyway, well done :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

Is it true that you cannot shoot Hares on a Sunday ? Or after dark (lamping).I`m not sure as i never shoot them.

Dont no about a sunday but i no you can not lamp them this one was shot in day light and when i get the photos sorted ill put them up .

And VM i am mate, i am

Whats the best way to cook the hair mole as i no the meats tuff

Hare pudding, I have a recipe somewhere!

Hare Pudding Recipe
3/4 lb suet crust
1 hare
4 rashers streaky bacon
1 dessertspoon mixed herbs chopped
1 tbsp red currant jelly
stock
1 dessertspoon onion chopped
1 glass port
seasoning
Instructions
1. Cut the hare into medium sized pieces and marinate.
2. Line a pudding basin fairly thickly with ¾ of the suet crust. Place the bacon rashers round the sides and across the bottom of the suet crust.
3. Roll the pieces of hare in seasoned flour and place in the basin. Add onion, hare, seasoning jelly and port and as much stock as necessary. Roll out the remaining pastry and cover the basin.
4. Cover with greased paper and a pudding cloth and boil or steam for 4 hours.
5. Serve in the basin with a napkin tied round, accompanied by redcurrant jelly.
  • Like 1

Nice fella, what NV set up did you go with? Scope or TV? Nice to see some different game on the farm too! I am working late all this week, but have to drive past mine. The crop is knee high, so I doubt I'll be shooting it until harvest time :( hope you are well fella. Oh and the other perm with the building work should be done in Sept and they asked us to go back down then. So I'll shout.

• Like 1

Nice fella, what NV set up did you go with? Scope or TV? Nice to see some different game on the farm too! I am working late all this week, but have to drive past mine. The crop is knee high, so I doubt I'll be shooting it until harvest time :( hope you are well fella. Oh and the other perm with the building work should be done in Sept and they asked us to go back down then. So I'll shout.

By the looks of it he has got a proper one that you look down, not one of those f :censored: ing stupid televisions strapped on the top of his rifle. ;)

• Like 2