Anthony Joshua

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches the highest level of the sport he,s an excellent prospect,a clean living kid,a fantastic physical specimen who talks well and is a good advert for the sport....and a pleasant polite boy.....whats not to like ?..........I know absolutely nothing about Tyson Fury other than the fact he,s a traveller with a loud mouth and what seems like a silly infantile personality.... and that if he was a normal size human being i dont think he,d win an area title.........but who cares i want him to win a world title for Britain i dont want to be his friend..... these are British sportsmen if you are British yourself get behind them !

And the reason Mike Tyson gets dragged into any conversation about young hard hitting heavyweight prospects................is because he was a famous young hard hitting heavyweight prospect of our generation !!.....of course comparisons will be made !

No I think it will be fantastic is he gets to the top and does us all proud, I haven't said that I haven't once, my point is hughie fury is also another up and coming prospect that will do this country proud and no body is bothered about him.

Then why arent you banging on about Dillian Whyte and Gary Cornish??...are they not up and coming British Heavyweight prospects?...is it just that you've heard of Hughie Fury because hes a traveller?

• Like 1

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a whi

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches

Feck me,..what a strange thread,...my fecking auld head is spinning...   If we are still on the subject of boxing,...I always read what Gnasher has to say,..mostly because I feel he writes, with an

Posted Images

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches the highest level of the sport he,s an excellent prospect,a clean living kid,a fantastic physical specimen who talks well and is a good advert for the sport....and a pleasant polite boy.....whats not to like ?..........I know absolutely nothing about Tyson Fury other than the fact he,s a traveller with a loud mouth and what seems like a silly infantile personality.... and that if he was a normal size human being i dont think he,d win an area title.........but who cares i want him to win a world title for Britain i dont want to be his friend..... these are British sportsmen if you are British yourself get behind them !

And the reason Mike Tyson gets dragged into any conversation about young hard hitting heavyweight prospects................is because he was a famous young hard hitting heavyweight prospect of our generation !!.....of course comparisons will be made !

No I think it will be fantastic is he gets to the top and does us all proud, I haven't said that I haven't once, my point is hughie fury is also another up and coming prospect that will do this country proud and no body is bothered about him.

Then why arent you banging on about Dillian Whyte and Gary Cornish??...are they p and coming British Heavyweight prospects?...is it just that you've heard of Hughie Fury because hes a traveller?

No infact I like Dillon whyte and have even mentioned him in this thread up a few posts, reason I'm not talking about him as much is simply hughie and AJ are on similar stages of their carrier I don't really follow Dillan so don't know much about where he is in terms of his career, and one last thing about hughie I'm very friendly with fury family members so I know him that way. Edited by CushtyJook

Yep...100% agree about backing British Boxers...only thing that takes the shine off him as a British boxer for me...is that dirty big Africa Tattoo he has...just comes across as a slap in the face for a country that has given him everything...and whos flag he won Olympic honours under... but i can over look that for a British Fighter...just like i can over look tyson Furys mouth/singing ect ect...and you didnt drag Mike Tyson into the thread to compare his boxing skills

Nothing wrong with the man having tatto of where his family originated from I don't think

at twenty years old .21 in october hughies probably the most talented up and coming heavy weight in the world . unbelievable skills and destined for a heavy weight title

• Like 1

Then why arent you banging on about Dillian Whyte and Gary Cornish??...are they not up and coming British Heavyweight prospects?...is it just that you've heard of Hughie Fury because hes a traveller?

hughie won the world heavy weight amateurs at 18 yrs old on foreign soil not some second rate olympics on a dodgy decision in his own back yard .what difference does it make weather hes a traveller ot not .he trace his lineage back further than most on here who constantly cast insults his and tysons way .and besides hughies no ex drug pusher either .hes prob the most humble respectable bloke in british boxing ,bar none ,and you dont nor wont hear any of his team beating his drum etc .hopefully it comes of by end of year hughie v AJ :thumbs: .peters already said we take the fight if its available ..like the man says .lets get it on

• Like 2

Then why arent you banging on about Dillian Whyte and Gary Cornish??...are they p and coming British Heavyweight prospects?...is it just that you've heard of Hughie Fury because hes a traveller?
No infact I like Dillon whyte and have even mentioned him in this thread up a few posts, reason I'm not talking about him as much is simply hughie and AJ are on similar stages of their carrier I don't really follow Dillan so don't know much about where he is in terms of his career, and one last thing about hughie I'm very friendly with fury family members so I know him that way.

a man will never find a more humble respectable in-offensive man than hughie .until he steps through the ropes ,and still only twenty years old :thumbs:

Yep...100% agree about backing British Boxers...only thing that takes the shine off him as a British boxer for me...is that dirty big Africa Tattoo he has...just comes across as a slap in the face for a country that has given him everything...and whos flag he won Olympic honours under... but i can over look that for a British Fighter...just like i can over look tyson Furys mouth/singing ect ect...and you didnt drag Mike Tyson into the thread to compare his boxing skills

When you have middle names like " Oluwafemi Olasenji " or whatever it is.....i dont think a tattoo is giving you away as being Nigerian do you :D ......much as we Brits would all like to think pure British heritage can win for Britain those days are gone i want Josh to win a world title just as much as i wanted big Frank to......sport is just about the only place i dont see the colour of a mans skin and maybe thats shame on me.....but its also the beauty of sport i suppose.

Not sure where your going with the Tyson thing......i mentioned the fact he fought plenty of poor opponents at the start like all heavyweight prospects do.

• Like 2

No infact I like Dillon whyte and have even mentioned him in this thread up a few posts, reason I'm not talking about him as much is simply hughie and AJ are on similar stages of their carrier I don't really follow Dillan so don't know much about where he is in terms of his career, and one last thing about hughie I'm very friendly with fury family members so I know him that way.

There you go it wasnt difficult was it your biased towards the Fury lot because you know them.........i still dont really understand why that makes you try to pull down other fighters whos surname isnt Fury.....why would folk care if Joshua was an ex drug pusher just because they favour Fury .....I wouldnt say i know Anthony Joshua,ive taken him on the pads a number of times,sat down and had a number of chats with him simply because he is trained by a man ive known a long time......that doesnt make us friends or mean i have some kind of affiliation to him i want those Fury boys to win world titles just as much as i want Joshua to they are all Brits and all good prospects why folk pick and choose different British fighters to get behind like its a football club is beyond me !

• Like 6

Can't see what all the fuss is about with Joshua and his opponents, or the hype that's gone with him so far. The guy's been pro for only about 18 months and has fought 12 times, including two experienced, albeit well past their best, British champs. Have the likes of Hughie Fury & Dillian Whyte really had a much harder run in their first dozen fights? Remember too that Joshua was a late starter to boxing, and had comparitively few amateur fights.

Hearn stated last night that it's time to move him on a bit now. Johnson might not be a world beater but he's someone who's at least expected to take AJ into the later rounds. After that who knows, but I'd like to see him fight Price or Chisora..., or even both before the year's out, and I won't be surprised if it happens.

The hype thing is just that.., hype. It's got nothing to do with the fighter or his ability, but everything to do with business and who he's managed by. Hearn has done an incredible job, taking the guy all round the country building up public interest and a fan base for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Joshua's already set for life without even fighting anybody..., and Hearn will have made millions off him even if he does eventually turn out to have a glass jaw and goes nowhere. :thumbs:

The fights with the Fury's will happen soon enough, and then we'll know how good they all are. :yes:

Well a lot of folk on here won't consider him a fellow countryman because he is black

sorry that's just wrong didn't alot of the british public get behind Bruno say for example or benn and many of the other black british boxers who fought for world titles I don't think the likes of prince naz or khan get the same support granted outside there circles but the black thing doesn't come in to it I don't think

Well a lot of folk on here won't consider him a fellow countryman because he is black

sorry that's just wrong didn't alot of the british public get behind Bruno say for example or benn and many of the other black british boxers who fought for world titles I don't think the likes of prince naz or khan get the same support granted outside there circles but the black thing doesn't come in to it I don't think

That's what I'm saying plenty on here go on about to be british you have to be white they would ship all non whites off out of Britain. Guarantee they will be singing his praises if he goes on to be great. Same with the football teams they support. People on here seem to want it both ways when it suits them

So far Joshua has had things all his own way,being able to bully/batter his opponents around the ring and then stop them,what happens when an opponent can stand up to him and stay with him giving Joshua the same back as hes giving out ? Until then I will reserve judgement on him.Tyson Fury has been down in fights and still got the win and is unbeaten but Price has been down and lost then lost a second time when things where not going his way and he all but quit in that fight. Joshua reminds me of Bruno and we know how that went when he ran into Smith .

Edited by MickC

That's what I'm saying plenty on here go on about to be british you have to be white they would ship all non whites off out of Britain. Guarantee they will be singing his praises if he goes on to be great. Same with the football teams they support. People on here seem to want it both ways when it suits them

I don't consider them British,because they may speak with an English-like accent doesn't mean a thing to me.

but that doesn't mean i don't respect their talent,skill and dedication.

is it not bigoted that you would support a Ghanian raised in England over one raised in Ghana?