Anthony Joshua

Makes me laugh listening to how some folks minds work.......i didnt hear nobody calling Mike Tysons career a " hype train " when he knocked out his first 25 cab drivers/road sweepers !!.......but then thats impressionable youngsters for you i suppose ;)

Joshua is a 12 fight novice who has quickly and clinically put away everyone put in front of him so far......as a fantastic prospect he can do no more that that.

Tyson full career was a hype job anybody decent or that wasn't intimidated by the hype around him bet him.

There we go, AJ will get a surprise when he finally gets hit! Just wait for it, eddie and Joshua are already talking about upping the opposition after the Johnson fight, hopefully they stick him in with chisora after

Hope AJ doesn't get a suprise and keeps taking small steps up he has potential to be good and is a likeable guy

How is he anymore likeable than say hughie fury ? Plus David price was the hype job before AJ, he had the power and was making the brittish public saying he was all that etc.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a whi

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches

Feck me,..what a strange thread,...my fecking auld head is spinning...   If we are still on the subject of boxing,...I always read what Gnasher has to say,..mostly because I feel he writes, with an

Posted Images

There we go, AJ will get a surprise when he finally gets hit!

What makes you say that ?.....do you think he,s never taken punches off of big powerful guys then ?
Yeah he was knocked down by Dillon whyte and he is hardly powerfull Plus obviously he has been sparring people aswell and taken shots I just don't think he will last when he fights anyone who's up there currently, I don't hate Joshua i just don't think he deserves all the hype, it seems to be the same story on the boxing forums with only casuals believing the hype. All them muscles don't carry themselves he seems to be getting bigger aswell which can only hamper him further.

David Tua was knocked senseless by Felix Savon in the amateurs yet went on to have a chin made of granite in his professional career, that means nothing tbh.

Dont think Joshua has as much hype around him as other Olympic gold winners...hes a decent prospect...but early days yet...think they are bringing the lad along just right up to now...but makes me laugh how mike tyson gets dragged into every conversation about heavyweight boxing...all said and done...for all his flaws and faults...you dont get to be the youngest heavyweight champion of the world...in any era...by hype alone

• Like 1

After every fight he's one of the most humble down to earth guys who does not seem to be trying to fuel his own hype train.

No he wants the bigger fights and FairPlay to him, it's his management keeping him wrapped in cotton wool fighting bums every month then one day they will chuck him in a big fight and he will get shocked, personally I think after Kevin Johnson he should fight chisora or price or even the winner of the two as they are meant to fight soon, hughie fury is up again in July and tipped to fight a good Opponent he's only had like three or four more fights than AJ, and eddie hearn even said a while back AJ would destroy him so tea m fury tried to set a fight up and Ajs team didn't want any of it

Edited by CushtyJook

Some interesting replies.

Those talking about chisora. If AJ stops Johnson then that's more than chisora did. He couldn't stop Johnson. And chisora has been stopped a couple of times by other lads. So I can't see him troubling AJ too much. But we will see soon.

Chisora would be perfect fight for AJ or Hughie Fury in near future

Thought done job just right last night to be fair

I am looking forward to AJ fighting one of the fury lads. Hopefully one after the other. Lol.

• Like 1

Some interesting replies.

Those talking about chisora. If AJ stops Johnson then that's more than chisora did. He couldn't stop Johnson. And chisora has been stopped a couple of times by other lads. So I can't see him troubling AJ too much. But we will see soon.

if AJ stops Kingpin then it's more than anyone has done ever not just chisora no one has knocked him out. Chisoras a good fighter and be a decent test for AJ next few fights. If he knocks out KJ then let's hope he gets real fights and no more bums, if he is the real deal I'll be the first to say I'm sorry for knocking him on here

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches the highest level of the sport he,s an excellent prospect,a clean living kid,a fantastic physical specimen who talks well and is a good advert for the sport....and a pleasant polite boy.....whats not to like ?..........I know absolutely nothing about Tyson Fury other than the fact he,s a traveller with a loud mouth and what seems like a silly infantile personality.... and that if he was a normal size human being i dont think he,d win an area title.........but who cares i want him to win a world title for Britain i dont want to be his friend..... these are British sportsmen if you are British yourself get behind them !

And the reason Mike Tyson gets dragged into any conversation about young hard hitting heavyweight prospects................is because he was a famous young hard hitting heavyweight prospect of our generation !!.....of course comparisons will be made !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 10

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches the highest level of the sport he,s an excellent prospect,a clean living kid,a fantastic physical specimen who talks well and is a good advert for the sport....and a pleasant polite boy.....whats not to like ?..........I know absolutely nothing about Tyson Fury other than the fact he,s a traveller with a loud mouth and what seems like a silly infantile personality.... and that if he was a normal size human being i dont think he,d win an area title.........but who cares i want him to win a world title for Britain i dont want to be his friend..... these are British sportsmen if you are British yourself get behind them !

And the reason Mike Tyson gets dragged into any conversation about young hard hitting heavyweight prospects................is because he was a famous young hard hitting heavyweight prospect of our generation !!.....of course comparisons will be made !

Well a lot of folk on here won't consider him a fellow countryman because he is black

No I think it will be fantastic is he gets to the top and does us all proud, I haven't said that I haven't once, my point is hughie fury is also another up and coming prospect that will do this country proud and no body is bothered about him.
  • Like 1

Well a lot of folk on here won't consider him a fellow countryman because he is black

and that's the sad mentality of people on this earth, a lot won't consider hughie furys fellow countryman either, never understood rasism as we are all human beings.
  • Like 1

Yep...100% agree about backing British Boxers...only thing that takes the shine off him as a British boxer for me...is that dirty big Africa Tattoo he has...just comes across as a slap in the face for a country that has given him everything...and whos flag he won Olympic honours under... but i can over look that for a British Fighter...just like i can over look tyson Furys mouth/singing ect ect...and you didnt drag Mike Tyson into the thread to compare his boxing skills