The Hw80 Restore And Tune

Lovely looking stock but, my word, this is a short carbine. That can be remedied with a new barrel though, if needed Matty.

I think though, on balance there is an amazingly fine rifle in the restoration process here Matty. A real honest gem. Well done on aquiring it!

All the best.

Simon

Thanks Simon

Yea I think once finished will be a real peach

Going to strip and polish trigger up today before work tomorrow :(

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well after a bit of looking around for a project gun found a hw80 and will be collecting in few days its a early one in .22 thanks to a fellow member for the heads up (dac) picked it up for 120 qui

Well was up early this morning so made a cupa got myself set up at living room window paced out 30 yd and put a thick board up and some targets At 1st I wasn't getting much in the way of groups

well got the piston back from thusodog and a huge thanks bud you have done a amazing job got her lubed up and all built up and my god its so smooth is unlike anything ive shot so solid and i got the

Hey Matt I will pm my Address to you.

If you send it to me I will do it on the day it arrives and pop in the post the next day.

Away to glide a 97 once I find a suitable gun. I will post up pics of yours being done ;-)

• Like 2

My 80 is twangy as feck Matty got that bad the other night i put her back in the tank(4x4) and got the 97k out

Its brand new as you no bud

Dont get me wrong i love this rifle the way she feels and the way she shoots even if she twangs she is still accurate as feck

and boy dose she jump

iv got her put away at the moment until i get the wonky donkey kit then ill sort her

When you get a new rifle like this it should not need tuning why dont they just take a leaf out of AA book

Seems the best is not going to be the best for long if this is the way there sending out there rifles

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but I saw one on a hw site today with a similar twangy effect caused by them being converted to the uk market, guy thought it was a bit twangy and opened it up. spring had just been hacked off!

I wonder is this a problem with them being imported to uk sub-12 rather than the factory? Easily fixed I imagine but something to think about, I will try find the pic but it looks like it was done with a blooming spoon if you get me!

Is disappointing cos there are bang on when there right!

• Like 2

Yea was doing 11 with the stubby barrel lol

She still jumps a bit now but sure il get there in end

Yes I have seen many trimmed and unseated springs in new hws not good at all just them cutting corners these days I'd say

This one has v Mach spring and sleave but still jumpy

• Like 1

Well she is stripped back down and piston on its way to Chris !

Many thanks again top man

I carnt stress the difference a trigger clean and polish makes its so light now

Think I will re blue cylinder before putting back together to sort the metal work as barrel is nice deep blueing but rest not

Looking forward to getting out with this

I could be wrong, but I saw one on a hw site today with a similar twangy effect caused by them being converted to the uk market, guy thought it was a bit twangy and opened it up. spring had just been hacked off!

I wonder is this a problem with them being imported to uk sub-12 rather than the factory? Easily fixed I imagine but something to think about, I will try find the pic but it looks like it was done with a blooming spoon if you get me!

Is disappointing cos there are bang on when there right!

The power limit in Germany is 7.5 joules, which is 6ftlbs, so if you buy one from Germany you will need a new spring, I suspect in the factory, they just whack a spring in from a job lot, put aside for the export market, where power levels are higher IE us the UK, I wish they would take a leaf out of the likes of AA or indeed Walther, but I guess, they are so well established, and sell so many rifles, they have no need to bother, that is until sales begin to suffer badly, then they might return to the way they used to come out, say in the 80s.