The Hw80 Restore And Tune

well after a bit of looking around for a project gun found a hw80 and will be collecting in few days

its a early one in .22

thanks to a fellow member for the heads up (dac) picked it up for 120 quid

now its a bit tatty and someone has shortened the barrel to what looks like a couple of inch!!!!!! originally put me off but thaught i will find a used barrel as few models fit 80 85 90 95 etc

but this said wasn't much about so wasn't passing it up

then found out it comes with a spare barrel full length in .22 didn't know that until i phoned him earlier to arrange collection what a bonus apparently has a slight bend but sure can get it straightened out again

ive owned probably every other weirauch out there but never a 80 my brother has owned a couple and had the opportunity to shoot them but always thought they a fac rated gun and left them alone

but....

always keen for a mission i fancy trying one out as sure it can be made a silky smooth sub 12

im going to be using it for a plinking / hunting knock about gun so will be mainly concentrating on getting it smooth and consistent rather than shiny and new!! but thought id start the ball rolling and will be adding to the thread as i go wont be as fast as my normal turn around due to work but im sure il get there and hopefully keep me out of pub

as said in earlier posts lost my mojo a bit lately so hopefully this will get me back up and running on all 4 again

pics to follow

any input on the 80 or your tried and tested methods gladly taken on board

thanks all

matt

• Like 3

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well after a bit of looking around for a project gun found a hw80 and will be collecting in few days its a early one in .22 thanks to a fellow member for the heads up (dac) picked it up for 120 qui

Well was up early this morning so made a cupa got myself set up at living room window paced out 30 yd and put a thick board up and some targets At 1st I wasn't getting much in the way of groups

well got the piston back from thusodog and a huge thanks bud you have done a amazing job got her lubed up and all built up and my god its so smooth is unlike anything ive shot so solid and i got the

thanks tom

just to clear up i not saying its a fac only rated gun just always heard they sweet in fac and completely under tuned for sub12 market that all know these are a bloody solid accurate rifle

I love the early 80s best looking one in my opinion, I had a .177 when they first came out, and boy did I kill some stuff with that rifle, the .177 was a bit snappy and twangy, but I would imagine the .22 can be tuned super smooth mate, try some quantum hot sauce grease on the piston, you wont need any power washers if you do thats for sure :yes: