Lifting The Ban

We are not all lucky enough to have understanding landowners or enough hidden permission that we can do what we like. I for one am tired of slinking around, like a fecking common thief, just to work my dogs. I shall do whatever I can to try to influence the future of the sport we all love and if everybody here at leat tries then I hope just maybe we can change things.

As for writing to your mp, it's not difficult, as long as you word the letter politely asking the mps intention if there is a vote to repeal the hunting law. If they support us, then you simply reply by thanking them. If not, then complain and tell them how popular hunting is locally and that you think hey should reconsider their position (but still keep it polite!)

• Like 3

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the ban stop anyone in the first place? I think the good lads kept there head down and the idiots got caught posting on facebook, it would be nice not to have to make two trips for one session tho

Your having a laugh NO they won't lift the ban tory lieing scum

I know what you mean mate, but I heard from a farmer not so long ago that the annual hare shoot last year at Sandringham accounted for about 900 hares, it made me wonder how many other estates have ma

Posted Images

I genuinely hunk that a TV series is the way ahead...channel four would definately show it.....

But here is the crux...in order to hunt, we would need to go it alone..as in we Fock the shooters and their like off....

I imagine basc and the ca would attempt to stick their oar in but if we got for example Ben file or guy Martin , bear grills at the Corley cup typ thing , then got them at a hare shoot.....or if we got them digging on a game bird estate....the only reason that digging is allowed on the estates is that pheasants make coin....well for once lets get it working our way as well

The key thing is the pest control and the lack of options..get away or die...no escaped injuries...in the run up to the ban, the bbc breakfast news showed a rifleman out Foxing , they legged one and kicked it to death to save a bullet...dfs let's show them how fair lurcher work is

• Like 1

If we try to portray riflemen as inhuman we be knackered we all got to stick together.fishermen. horse people.shooters.wildfowlers.trappers.terriermen.falconers.airgunners.lurched boys.gamekeepers.now their lies the first problem.

• Like 2

Come on lads lets see a bit of enthusiasm , can one of the mods pin the topic we need to do something while the matter is possibly in the public domain, cant understand the , they wont do f**k all attitude , I know politicians are scumbags but they are our scumbags paid for by our taxes who should do what the electorate ask them . Lets have ideas and get organised for another JARROW MARCH this time for our freedom to hunt and remain legal.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

If we try to portray riflemen as inhuman we be knackered we all got to stick together.fishermen. horse people.shooters.wildfowlers.trappers.terriermen.falconers.airgunners.lurched boys.gamekeepers.now their lies the first problem.

problems are there to be solved ,they are only problems if they remain unsolved :thumbs:

• Like 1

There is no way on gods green earth every Tory would vote yes to lifting any ban. At the end of the day mp's for the most part just say what the majority want to hear, and if unfortunately the majority in that particular constituency don't want hunting legalised, then unfortunately that is the route they will go.

Sorry for being cynical but the powers thAt be are in this for one reason and that is pier, and until there is a bigger appetite for change amonst the majority(which hunters are not) that won't change. In my opinion anyway

I don't agree, mps rarely do what their constituents want, they do what the party whip tells them to

But the whip will be lifted for the vote on repeal - it will be a free vote, and with such a small majority I can see quite a few Tories bending with the wind, especially those in urban and marginal constituencies, and either voting against repeal or abstaining. A few abstentions is all it would take for the attempt to be sunk. If they do go ahead with it and fail, that will be that - it won't happen again and we'll be stuck with the ban forever. Better to wait until the Tories have a bigger majority or the Scottish MPs are excluded from the vote - which could well happen.

• Like 2

There is no way on gods green earth every Tory would vote yes to lifting any ban. At the end of the day mp's for the most part just say what the majority want to hear, and if unfortunately the majority in that particular constituency don't want hunting legalised, then unfortunately that is the route they will go.

Sorry for being cynical but the powers thAt be are in this for one reason and that is pier, and until there is a bigger appetite for change amonst the majority(which hunters are not) that won't change. In my opinion anyway

I don't agree, mps rarely do what their constituents want, they do what the party whip tells them to

But the whip will be lifted for the vote on repeal - it will be a free vote, and with such a small majority I can see quite a few Tories bending with the wind, especially those in urban and marginal constituencies, and either voting against repeal or abstaining. A few abstentions is all it would take for the attempt to be sunk. If they do go ahead with it and fail, that will be that - it won't happen again and we'll be stuck with the ban forever. Better to wait until the Tories have a bigger majority or the Scottish MPs are excluded from the vote - which could well happen.

If we wait we have lost it this is a one off opportunity, even Tony Blair who philabustered the law through in the first place. now agrees bad unworkable law. The idea is to get a bad law repealed ""NOT" to have a vote " should we shouldnt we "" then the Mps will vote in line with party discipline to repeal the law a unworkable unenforceable law even the cps agrees.

• Like 3

Twats on Facebook will give us plenty of bad publicity, and if people come on places like this to find out more there's plenty to make us look like a load of right ejits. The antis have only to link to the homophobic, racist posts to turn most rational people away from us. Someone makes a remark on social media and to any anti with half a brain with a couple of well thought out comments to pre-empt the reader followed by a couple of links to topics on here we can be portrayed as homophobic, racist Neanderthals dragging our knuckles along as we murder innocent bunnies and foxes.

• Like 9

Twats on Facebook will give us plenty of bad publicity, and if people come on places like this to find out more there's plenty to make us look like a load of right ejits. The antis have only to link to the homophobic, racist posts to turn most rational people away from us. Someone makes a remark on social media and to any anti with half a brain with a couple of well thought out comments to pre-empt the reader followed by a couple of links to topics on here we can be portrayed as homophobic, racist Neanderthals dragging our knuckles along as we murder innocent bunnies and foxes.

Been saying the same since I came on here Sandy :thumbs: The ban was all about class warfare....this time they will roll out the scum on facebook as typical "hunters"...been shot down many times on here for slating homophobic/racist/sexist threads,the usual response is "If you don't like it ,don't read it,dont post on it, we can say what we want" own worst enemy some people,yep,everyones entitled to an opinion,but don't put it on here in black and white so we all get tarred with the same brush,it will come back and bite us all on the arse :yes: What makes it worse is certain mods are the worst culprits....which would lead any "guests" on here to believe its wholly acceptable and a given that the forum is full of like minded people...

• Like 3

I think one of the problems is that the best and most knowledgeable in this game are the quietest, no body wants to speak out due to the attention it would attract, after all we always told to keep ourselves to ourselves never attract unnecessary attention. The ban couldn't be repealed back to how it was social media has put an end to that, the idiots would have banned again in no time. I like the idea of the Donahue law where deliberate cruelty must me proven which cannot be used against hunting with dogs as long as its done in a respectful manner.

To speak out against any other form of hunting is wrong especially if we are making the excuse our way is better than someone else's, it makes us worse than the few shooters that condemn running dogs because they worry about the future of there sport.

At the end of the day they could be handing out life sentences for rabbiting and it still wouldn't stop me hunting or teaching the kids how to catch rabbits and avoid idiots.

• Like 3

i don't think the tories majority is enough to get it through,if a few of them vote no there isn't a prayer of it going through,unless as stated it goes to english/welsh voting on english/welsh law

but do they want the scenes that they had in london with lacs and the antis

Better to have tried and lost than never to have tried at all.

lol...where .were most of yous when the march was in London then??..

.how many posters replying to this topic are members of N.W.T.F. or Fell and moorland.... there are real folks fighting behind closed doors keeping terrier work and lurcher work alive, why don't yous contact them see what YOU can do for them take a bit of workload off them many hands and all that.... or why don't yous all try and form a National Working Lurcher Federation, meet up with the politicians tell them the way the media potrays lurcher work and coursing is not they way its done by competent individuals... or would yous all rather sit on here posting and crying about how this person or that person wont defend YOUR lurchers... get a committee together and fight for your rights too work lurchers in the correct and proper manner....oh hang on that would take away from your time on here cryinh instead of doing something constructive about it...

yous all sound like the men on bear grylls island...aw im too tired too go look for firewood, or im too hungry too hunt for food..yous all want someone else to do they heavy lifting but none want too lift themselves.... theres more too lurcher work than just a slip.....if its your chosen fieldcraft and IF you LOVE it don't cry about it DEFEND it too the death!

also could someone point me in the direction to find out where in the hunting act of 2004, where it says its actually illegal to take a fox on the RUN with a lurcher?

i don't think the tories majority is enough to get it through,if a few of them vote no there isn't a prayer of it going through,unless as stated it goes to english/welsh voting on english/welsh law

This ban affects England Scotland Ireland and Wales hunting lads live in all parts, this divide and vote means f/a Europe also have a ban so it needs to be dealt with now it is repeal of a law that the law says is not enforceable because of the way it was legislated and drawn up so it needs REPEALING not renegotiating As for the antis and lacs in London some of the hunters could do with learning from them, the appathy led to a ban in the first place as most of the lads who were involved preban will tell you.

• Like 1