Lifting The Ban

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the ban stop anyone in the first place? I think the good lads kept there head down and the idiots got caught posting on facebook, it would be nice not to have to make two trips for one session tho

Your having a laugh NO they won't lift the ban tory lieing scum

I know what you mean mate, but I heard from a farmer not so long ago that the annual hare shoot last year at Sandringham accounted for about 900 hares, it made me wonder how many other estates have ma

Posted Images

Just look on here lol there's no unity,coursing threads have more bitching than a months viewing of Jeremy Kyle..work inside the guidelines,do your stuff and things will be fine..it ain't ever going back to what it was,write,march do what you want but it won't matter a shite..when 80 odd per cent of the country are against hunting the Government won't dare risk losing the vote of millions by re-instating hunting with dogs..the Government ain't stupid by saying they will have a free vote on it,by doing so it keeps the hunting fraternity on their side too..keep on dreaming if you think things are changing for the better..I'm happier than I have been for a long time doing what I'm doing with my dogs..good luck in your quest folks ??

I agree.it will never get repealed.I will write a letter to our local mp.prob be that she feeds foxes in her back garden.and the firefight comment was a stupid one.be like standing up in front of 5o soldiers with SMG s waving a pea shooter at them.

arguments aside,,, in my opinion there is some unity as there are over 56,000 members just on this hunting life

Yes but are we all united? we see a lot of bull x are to fat Sal x are plodders, whippets have shit feet and get tore up running through long grass, not on here but locally I've come across a few anglers that are inherently against hunting, also one or two shooters that think its ok to shoot fox but to send a lurcher at one is disgusting, its frustrating but seems everyone is out to protect their own sector rather than realising they are being conquered because they are divided, I would never speak out against any hunting as long as quarry is sustainable and respected, jmo though.

Edited by MickyB
  • Like 5

All we can do is hope ,if the PM says he will give a free vote then there's a chance or we can turn this into an argument and slagging match ,however small a chance we got to run with it............................ glass is half full not half empty

Edited by DEERMAN

This is not about salukis , bull x,s ferreting or personal preferences. This is a matter of getting the PM to honour a commitment he made in the manifesto of the Conservative party . He either needs to repeal the law (as Cocker said) A law which has never been enforceable or do as any majority Government has done in the past order the party whips to order the MP,S in their party to vote in a certain direction. If the hunting fraternity allow the lacs and antis to have there way and a free vote the Ban will remain law simple as that. That will be the death nell for other pursuits , shooting, fishing , greyhound and horse racing, pigeon racing which are all called cruel activities by the antis and lacs. The clubs and associations in relevant sports angling, shooting , racing( horse. dog,pigeon) etc need to get onboard These age old sports take place in cities and conurbations all round the country and are participated in by all walks of life not just landed gentry and criminals as the lacs and antis like to show.Restrictions are being ramped up on all sides in a massive public park near to me they have introduced a byelaw that one person cannot walk more the 3 dogs on leads at one time, The ban on hunting with dogs is not enforceable and is just leading to criminal convictions on lads who are law abiding in every respect, while someof these antis are violent thugs and vandals of the highest order. The battle previously was only a skirmish and a lot of betrayal took place from within the hunting sports themselves now is the time to organise and get on the road to London like dick whittington but with dogs instead of a cat

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 8

all its done at the moment is secured our future ,..........I don't think for one minute they will over turn it but at the moment we remain safe ,...........maybe change a few facts in legislation , but cant see it being overturned .................we live in hope ,......

glad ime not in a fire fight in a war zone with fuji

Thing is mate I'm a realist..I went on marches,rally's etc back in the 80's calling for restrictions on mass immigration,I traveled far and wide spent plenty of time behind bars because of a right to "freedom of speech" lol it done not one jot of good as marching,rallys and writing won't do now..just like then we the minority are victimized for having a strong point of view in this case a right to hunt with our dogs..we are portrayed as drug dealing,thieving,violent thugs with a lust to kill and to be fair like in any walk of life we have them in our sport...the media are to blame as much as anyone IMO as they only ever tell the side of farmers being threatened,the 4x4 lads driving the crops,rural theft which they seem to think is only done by the hunting fraternity,Joe Public only see this side of it and not the pest control,fox control,deer management etc which helps landowners no end...luckily I have a few farms I'm able to walk out on,get to tag along on stalking days with my dog,go on vermin drives on a huge estate so my dogs still get to hunt in a fashion..make good of what we have as the mass (rightly or wrongly) will ALWAYS get their way over a minority..its just the way of the world.As for not having me at your side in a firefight lol..trust me mate,there wont be more than a handful of the 56k on here who's lived their life around hunting as I have done..so if you wouldn't want me or the likes you'd be dead in no time haha

• Like 7

I personally think we could have avoided a ban quite easily ..but hindsight is a wonderful thing....

Additionally I think that a slack million quid would get us going again, it would be very easy , all it takes would be a few lads to stick their necks up

I don't think half them politicians understand the amount revenue hunting shooting fishing horse racing equipment an supplies, the pet food industry generate.. antis bring nothing to the table

they bring to the table water cress sandwiches (crusts off) Tofu and bull shit .

• Like 3

There is no way on gods green earth every Tory would vote yes to lifting any ban. At the end of the day mp's for the most part just say what the majority want to hear, and if unfortunately the majority in that particular constituency don't want hunting legalised, then unfortunately that is the route they will go.

Sorry for being cynical but the powers thAt be are in this for one reason and that is pier, and until there is a bigger appetite for change amonst the majority(which hunters are not) that won't change. In my opinion anyway

I don't agree, mps rarely do what their constituents want, they do what the party whip tells them to

• Like 1