Lifting The Ban

I know what your saying, and it's a sad reflection of the way this country treats it's working class. However I do think hunters have a fairly low profile at the moment (in a lot of places, not all) it may not be the worst thing that working dogs doesnt get put under the microscope again. The grass is always greener, and in my opinion perhaps it's better that hunters/ hunting dogs are not the focus of the mainstream media for now. It's not ideal, and I do feel sorry for coursing boys and boys working hounds etc. however things could be a lot worse if hunting is put back in the limelight!! As I said above, unfortunately there are too many idiots who give the papers/anti's ammunition and give the real grafters a bad name.

Better to stay in the shadows than shine the light where you may not want others looking. For now anyway.

• Like 8

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the ban stop anyone in the first place? I think the good lads kept there head down and the idiots got caught posting on facebook, it would be nice not to have to make two trips for one session tho

Your having a laugh NO they won't lift the ban tory lieing scum

I know what you mean mate, but I heard from a farmer not so long ago that the annual hare shoot last year at Sandringham accounted for about 900 hares, it made me wonder how many other estates have ma

Posted Images

Cant see a return to the days before the ban, there is no doubt that some sort of fox control will be needed, but probably by licensed pest controllers, riding to hounds is a pretty innefective way of control, lets face it its just a ritualised way of spending a day out on the horse. The use of lurchers would be a far more effective way of control, but would probably cause a public outcry, and as said could have bad implications further down the line. Unfortunately coursing, probably the fairest of all fieldsports and the most misunderstood took the brunt when the axe fell. I often wonder how many of the fox hunting set would be willing to back up the coursing fraternity, my recollections of a lot of them in pre ban days were that a lot of them viewed the coursing boys as little more than a bunch of oiks. YIS KIC :hmm:

• Like 6

Most take the easy option and plead guilty to the tresspass option , the hunting with dogs is easily beatable with a good legal representative the first thing they have to prove you deliberately slipped your dog, and then they have to prove that the bird that you were flushing to didnt actually f**k off if you are on permission :laugh:

Edited by desertbred

On the vote there its 89percent in favour to keep the ban on fox hunting

Because the Lacs and the antis put in more effort and show more unity than the hunting fraternity , they run better publicity campaigns, have better lobbying in the House of Commons , also utilise the charity funds donated to the RSPCA for political purposes and prosecutions.The persona and image of dog lads being involved in rural crime , drug dealing and other unsavoury activities often portrayed by Police publicity has to be countered and the media have to be exploited at every opportunity and Public bodies and representatives need to be lobbied at every place by individuals and groups .

• Like 2