Lifting The Ban

Who gives a shit anyway, like i said on another thread, keep ya head down an get on with it.

I know what you mean mate, but I heard from a farmer not so long ago that the annual hare shoot last year at Sandringham accounted for about 900 hares, it made me wonder how many other estates have mass slaughter of hares like this going on, I've never been involved with legal organised coursing, but I always liked the way the coursing club maintained and protected the hare population with fairness and more importantly a true sporting chance for the quarry
hare drives aint nothing new mate, u dont have to be part of a club to respect quarry and land either, as for a sporting chance, well a mans got to eat aint he? lol.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the ban stop anyone in the first place? I think the good lads kept there head down and the idiots got caught posting on facebook, it would be nice not to have to make two trips for one session tho

Your having a laugh NO they won't lift the ban tory lieing scum

I know what you mean mate, but I heard from a farmer not so long ago that the annual hare shoot last year at Sandringham accounted for about 900 hares, it made me wonder how many other estates have ma

Posted Images

Now that the conservatives are in will they lift the ban .What do you think. Did they say they would before they had to go in with the lib dems the last time or did i imagine that???? :hmm:

I hope the conservatives do stick to their word and take the repeal vote to parliament,i think coursing could come back but under some sort of self regulating rules,possibly have to be a lurcher coursing club member,and run to a set of agreed

rules,lets wait and hope something happens,

On a different note i have been taking one of my lads out with me from the age of five he is now fourteen ,i commented when we were out for a "walk" maybe we should keep a low profile for certain reasons,he replied "i did,nt know coursing was banned"..it still amuses me.

• Like 8

Who gives a shit anyway, like i said on another thread, keep ya head down an get on with it.

I know what you mean mate, but I heard from a farmer not so long ago that the annual hare shoot last year at Sandringham accounted for about 900 hares, it made me wonder how many other estates have mass slaughter of hares like this going on, I've never been involved with legal organised coursing, but I always liked the way the coursing club maintained and protected the hare population with fairness and more importantly a true sporting chance for the quarry
hare drives aint nothing new mate, u dont have to be part of a club to respect quarry and land either, as for a sporting chance, well a mans got to eat aint he? lol.

I know they aren't, and they reckon they are needed in some parts of the country as the hare population can reach plague proportions, but there is also a huge amount of land that doesn't hold a single hare these days, anyway I thought Charlie Farleigh was supposed to be a custodian of the countryside, he could have got his skivvies to longnet a few and shipped them up my way :laugh:

• Like 1

They promise a free vote to repeal the act not amend it. So we wait........to see IF they deliver. But with a majority we have a better chance of successfully repealing the ban. So I am glad they did not try in the last government.

• Like 9

It certainly won't be a priority for the conservatives, but Cameron did say he'd make parliamentary time for a free vote on repeal. If it happens as things stand today I think it unlikely to go through. But if, as Cameron is saying, part of devolving more power to Scotland means English only votes on English law and they wait till that's been put in place it would make a massive difference and make it far more likely that repeal could happen in England and Wales. But that would leave Scotland as it is now.

I'd love to think that repeal was a possibility but I'm not holding my breath. To all those of you saying what difference does it make, carry on regardless with a low profile etc, as far as I'm concerned the massive difference is there's no more organised coursing. I used to be all over the country coursing with loads of different clubs and that's all ancient history now. I'd give my right arm to have it back again...

• Like 8

Maybe fox hunting but not the coursing

Get yer drift fellah,...and you are probably right.... :yes:

:hmm:But, it does seem illogical, if they allow hounds to hunt foxes again,..but do not allow a Hare to be coursed.... :blink: If the original premise was that our sports had to be banned, due to animal welfare issues,..then where is the logic of allowing one type of wild critter to legally be pursued,..but not another...There is no point,. in offering politicians a chance to vote freely, if the end result of such a vote,..is not permitted to reinstate,...... everything.. :victory:

PICT0012.jpg

The law was never logical in the first place, I mean my dog can tackle a rat but not a mouse :) I wouldn't put it past the toris to make some kind of compromise that wouldn't favour lurcher and terrier work

• Like 3

Maybe fox hunting but not the coursing

Get yer drift fellah,...and you are probably right.... :yes: :hmm:But, it does seem illogical, if they allow hounds to hunt foxes again,..but do not allow a Hare to be coursed.... :blink:If the original premise was that our sports had to be banned, due to animal welfare issues,..then where is the logic of allowing one type of wild critter to legally be pursued,..but not another...There is no point,. in offering politicians a chance to vote freely, if the end result of such a vote,..is not permitted to reinstate,...... everything.. :victory: PICT0012.jpg
The law was never logical in the first place, I mean my dog can tackle a rat but not a mouse :) I wouldn't put it past the toris to make some kind of compromise that wouldn't favour lurcher and terrier work
spot on mate, best to leave it be.

nickerless sturgeon will not allow hunting with dogs in scotland. we are well fcucked. even if the tories bring it back, it will not happen up here now :huh:

That's what you get for voting the third Kranky into government :tongue2::laugh:

not me fella. my concience is clear :D

• Like 6

we need to make sure they know we voted for them to do it,but its a free vote and it depends how much support there is for repeal..It could go wrong if its not timed right. What we need to be doing is taking guidence from the countryside alliance on this..What we dont need is negativity and name calling..Leave that to the antis..

• Like 2

If they did have a free vote on it the chances of it going our way would be pretty slim I imagine. Most of them wouldn't understand or not care about the issue and vote against.

I think there are lots too that want to actually tighten the laws down even more from what I read about the place

Imo the ban will never be lifted. There would be uproar from anti's, lots of bad publicity etc. And tbh as controversial as it sounds, it maybe a good thing. those who are committed and serious willl carry on regardless, the ban stops a lot of idiots. The people who need to stay active will, And will keep a low profile and maybe that's for the best the way the world is with Facebook, mobile phones etc!! Just my two pence

• Like 4

Imo the ban will never be lifted. There would be uproar from anti's, lots of bad publicity etc. And tbh as controversial as it sounds, it maybe a good thing. those who are committed and serious willl carry on regardless, the ban stops a lot of idiots. The people who need to stay active will, And will keep a low profile and maybe that's for the best the way the world is with Facebook, mobile phones etc!! Just my two pence

I agree with you in that respect but on the other hand I feel hunting is our right not to be taken away and nobody should be allowed to judge and say who can and can't hunt.

• Like 5