Dogs With One Testical.

Undescended testicles are an inherited problem. Testicles are retained OUTSIDE of the body because they need to maintain a lower temperature. When left inside, the retained one often goes cancerous as time passes. They never have one or none, they always have two, but sometimes one or both are retained. If not naturally descended by 16mths, I would have the retained one at least removed. Being inherited, it would be very irresponsible to breed from the dog, it will be passed on.

Apart from the pup I have off him that doesn't have the problem.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a fault that will be passed onto his offspring. As said he has probably got 2 but one is retained. The one that doesn't drop can cause problems down the line if not removed.

I've got a mate that won't go to the pub tonight that's got two retained bollocks .   He's wife's got them in a jar I think ?

I owned a "REMLAP" plummer dog that was mon-orchid, he sired a few litters and all male progeny had 2 decended testicles, he did however as predicted by a few on here and else where die at 11 yrs due

Its will never be in every male pup. Its like anything else, its an inherited trait, if you breed from affected dogs then you will reproduce it down the line. Responsible breeding should be about everything, not just one thing.

• Like 1

Its will never be in every male pup. Its like anything else, its an inherited trait, if you breed from affected dogs then you will reproduce it down the line. Responsible breeding should be about everything, not just one thing.

True but it depends on what your wanting. If breeding was kept to what you were looking for in a worker and not pound notes there would be no problems.

Thats not true at all. ANY breeder should have the animals he/she breeds health and temperament at the top of the list. Just because a dog can bite, chase, retrieve or whatever is absolutely NO excuse for deliberately breeding animals from dogs that you know have inherited problems. Its not about pound notes at all, its about responsible breeding. You cannot critisize some breeders for one thing when you are willing to do the same yourself.

Thats not true at all. ANY breeder should have the animals he/she breeds health and temperament at the top of the list. Just because a dog can bite, chase, retrieve or whatever is absolutely NO excuse for deliberately breeding animals from dogs that you know have inherited problems. Its not about pound notes at all, its about responsible breeding. You cannot critisize some breeders for one thing when you are willing to do the same yourself.

It's a stuck bollock ffs.

I dont think there is any need to be rude.

Its not a "stuck bollock" at all, and if you have never seen a dog die in agony from a retained testicle that was "just a stuck bollock" when it became strangulated, then I suggest you do a bit of research on it before deliberately breeding more potentially affected puppies just for the sake of it.

You claim people breeding for pound notes would be bothered, have you any idea of the cost if one of these needs removing? What about the cost of replacing a dog, be it a worker or a pet if its testicle becomes infected, strangulated or cancerous?

If you do everything you can to ensure you breed healthy animals, then you do so with a clear conscience.

I dont think there is any need to be rude.

Its not a "stuck bollock" at all, and if you have never seen a dog die in agony from a retained testicle that was "just a stuck bollock" when it became strangulated, then I suggest you do a bit of research on it before deliberately breeding more potentially affected puppies just for the sake of it.

You claim people breeding for pound notes would be bothered, have you any idea of the cost if one of these needs removing? What about the cost of replacing a dog, be it a worker or a pet if its testicle becomes infected, strangulated or cancerous?

If you do everything you can to ensure you breed healthy animals, then you do so with a clear conscience.

any dog can be born with as you correctly say retained testicle just happens And a dog that has one nacker still inside doesn't mean pups will have it as I posted my mums bulldog sired litters and none of the male pups had a bollock stuck lol Edited by leethedog

I owned a "REMLAP" plummer dog that was mon-orchid, he sired a few litters and all male progeny had 2 decended testicles, he did however as predicted by a few on here and else where die at 11 yrs due to a large mass believed to be the retained testicle, it is common in "REMLAP" bred lines unfortunately, WM

• Like 3