Whats The Best And Worst Forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm on a Match Fishing forum, a few Hill Walking forums and the Voldemort forum. They all have their place, but TBH, i'm starting to get a little bored with all the forum lark. But thats just me.  

Dangerous territory, some sites you can't even mention on here   Cheers, D.

I like this forum, a vast amount of knowledge and normally generously shared. You could put the most random request for knowledge about something and someone will either have the answer or be intere

Here and Moochers, I don't moan about either, they are different and both have their place. There are some decent threads on here and decent people, of course there’s also some less so but these are usually good for a little gentle baiting which keeps me amused lol.

• Like 1

i am signed up to a dozen forums that like this i participate in. all but this one and one other are in the uk the rest are abroad.

i find that some forums are so stick in the mud, dyed in the wool that if anyone suggests any thing what so ever they then get trolled to death

i have left many forums because of that reason alone. i know only use one or two posts to keep a membership active so i can read only the posts but would never ever replay or add due to shouty members

i am one forum and there is a self qualified bee keeper extraordinaire on it , as someone with a formal beekeepers qualification and 30 years of experience my self and this bloke have several times gone to logger heads for his , wrong, misleading and down right dangerous postings.

i did start for a while to pm people who i thought were reading this postings and suggested other ideas to them. but got wind of it and started shouting again on the forum. so i just completely with drew all my info instead, he still now goads me for a laugh as he knows he has won and can do what ever he likes

i prefer to read and work on forums in other countries as they are normally much much better at accepting other views or ideas and or experimentation. an example would be the use of saw shotguns to shoot whales with. in the uk you would marked as a hieratic an shunned or shouted at and trolled. in other countries people would at least discuss it ans work out the reasons for the suggestion and the way to work around it

i posted a topic here

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/339408-10-gauge-are-they-worth-it-as-a-practical-hunting-weapon/

a reasonable question, 78 views zero response here. on another forum, lots and lots of trolls, in an other forum 25 replys and loads of help and information and its still coming. two people are now speaking to me directly via email and the info is great.

yet for one small topic this is still one of the best and politest forums i use.

i find with every forum that it as a whole will or will not work for you. some are directed to other areas off my interest and some do. i just go through them to find the ones that works for me

the worst ones ever have to be the "bush craft "styles ones, i never knew so many trolls existed. not only did i get hate replys i also had hate PM messages, hate emails, once someone had found that out they posted it for every one else and i had hate mail untill i closed the account down. ended up speaking to police and lawyers and the forum mods to get it all resolved. what a bunch of animals they were on both forums. well glad i left them

I like this forum, a vast amount of knowledge and normally generously shared.

You could put the most random request for knowledge about something and someone will either have the answer or be interested!

Facebook has killed a lot of forums IMO.

• Like 5

You could put the most random request for knowledge about something and someone will either have the answer or be interested!

Facebook is killing everything IMO... not on it myself but watching my 16 year old on it most of the time, and hearing some of the drivel written... who gives a f**k what your mates having for dinner!! lol

• Like 4

Facebook is killing everything IMO... not on it myself but watching my 16 year old on it most of the time, and hearing some of the drivel written... who gives a f**k what your mates having for dinner!! lol

don't go on the "living off the land" section on here mate lol

• Like 1

Only a member of 2 forums, including THL, used to be a member on here a few years ago, but got fed up with the arguing, way better now, some intelligent debate, some lads who say what they actually think, no doubt im on PT's bigot/racist list............but i reckon realist? Trying to suppress free thought in a democracy is wrong, not that it stops our politicians or the misguided.

• Like 1