Having a cat around the house definitely doesn't stop them going after cats they come across in the field in my experience they just start to see them as part of the family. I've always had cats around my dogs at home and never had an incident but they go mad when we see cats away from the house.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never happen mate im a responsible owner not some twat who lets them roam wherever.

good dog that its doing it job,the cat was lucky by the sound of it. Buck my younger dog bumped into one last year , I heard him cry it was clamped on to his head, I ran towards him . but somehow h

i have always broke my dogs to cats can save alot of grief with alot of the elderly neighbours i have round me or perm that said accidents can and do happen when you least expect it i wonder what next

My concern is I don't want to turn up on permission and the dog nails the farmers cat not really the way to go lol

Get one as a pet
Won't stop them with a strange cat imo.
Won't work,we had a cat from a kitten,it was nearly feral,anyway my shepherd lurcher caught it twice,once taking it off top of 5 ft fence panel by its tail.

I have three lean "well hard cats" my collies are scared of them and they kill more rats and mice round the gaff throught out the year than I can remember.. I would never hurt someone's pet.. But if one of mine was silly enough to wander in and lost a bit if fluff.. Won't happen again now will it haha I would advise a cat as a pet, in my experience the dogs usually just let the cats think there the boss and Lord around the gaff hahha.. Either that or it goes super badly..

• Like 1

the best way to deter cats and there fckin owner is catch the cat tis you can keep it a couple of day don t feed it then grease it with the thickest blackest grease you can find cover it in waste engine oil then let it go , sit back and wait for the screams you soon see whos cat it was when the settee and the rest of the furniture is stacked in the garden covered in black oil and I bet you never see that cat again , chap I know got so pissed of with a cat going after his birds he caught it an covered it in bitumen let it set then releases it they had to shave this thing bald and it never left the house again result

• Like 1

Not a cat fan my self but I certainly wouldn't want my dog killing any. Our neighbor had one for 17 years I think till it died of cancer. How it survived that long wondering around I will never know and I certainly wouldn't want my dog giving it the chop as I know they were very attached to it

• Like 1

the best way to deter cats and there fckin owner is catch the cat tis you can keep it a couple of day don t feed it then grease it with the thickest blackest grease you can find cover it in waste engine oil then let it go , sit back and wait for the screams you soon see whos cat it was when the settee and the rest of the furniture is stacked in the garden covered in black oil and I bet you never see that cat again , chap I know got so pissed of with a cat going after his birds he caught it an covered it in bitumen let it set then releases it they had to shave this thing bald and it never left the house again result

Thats someones pet, wouldn't it be simperer to just had it in to the local rescue centre saying you'd found a stray without a collar?!

Then they should look after it and keep in a cattery not let it wander around shitting everywhere and winding the dogs up trouble with cat owners there lazy basterds chuck some food down and that's it ignore the fact the cats wandering around killing the little songbirds for fun and being a nuisance to everybody else