Fox Trapping Austalia

To say prey animals dont feel stress is BULL SH1t, as Micky said rabbits and hares often squeal long before the dog picks them up, also i have seen rabbits being hunted by Stoats that were squealing like mad before they were caught.

By the way Phil, nice looking animal, but why do some people think this picture is alright but a fox in a trap is not, to me they are exactly the same.

Brian

Look at the body language of the fox then look at the rabbit in Phil's photo, hell of a difference there.

TC

Yea the Fox is saying WHAT THE f**k IS GOING ON, and the rabbits saying, WELL THATS ME f****d!?Lol

• Like 4

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A prime example of commenting on something you know f**k all about

Personaly,..I think we need to act like adults over such matters.. I fecking hate censorship,...I dislike not being able to do,.. what I want to do in life,...   The concept of a hunting forum, i

Thought I would put up a few photos of some foxes I trapped.

Posted Images

I hope my dog brings quarry back alive.....

Then I can see the look of fear in its eye as I kick it to death with me new Nike's ;)

If/when my dog pulls a deer I will be taking photos damn right. Maybe I'll use a go pro, maybe that's what this guy did ;)

It is not the style of trapping that made me dislike the photo. It was the fact that he decided to take photos before killing the fox. In my eyes respect ( a quick humane kill) for the hunted / trapped animal comes first, photos second.

TC

So how do you know that the foxes weren't humanely killed mate?

Adam, I don't think that anyone is suggesting that the foxes weren't humanely killed. The argument centres over whether or not to put photos of live foxes in traps on the web due the feelings they generate.

:hmm:Personaly,..I think we need to act like adults over such matters.. :yes:

I fecking hate censorship,...I dislike not being able to do,.. what I want to do in life,... :censored:

The concept of a hunting forum, is surely to discuss what we do,..how we do it,..and if you fancy,.what we catch..

Nothing wrong with that,..and if lads want to post pictures of their catches,..then why not...

However,..the hunting scene has changed,..drastically,... :blink:

Nowadays,..to aid the continuance of our survival as hunters,.we need to watch our backs,.be cautious, be aware..

It is so easy to become lulled, into a sense of false security and convince ourselves that everyone thinks along the same lines as ourselves,..cos, by feck, they sure as hell don't...SO,...our real freedom of expression does not have to include showing everything that occurs...We have a choice whether to do our own thing and keep certain aspects 'in the family' OR to ram images down the throats of other, less supportive folk.

For instance....I am a rabbiter,...I catch nothing else,..(don't actually catch many rabbits :laugh: )...but,..occasionally,..a rabbit elects to stay put, deep down in a warren and the ferret will refuse to 'come away' and give him best..(good ferret :clapper: )....now, when this occurs, you will often pull out a rabbit that has sustained some damage, either to his back,..or more graphically, to his face, etc, etc.......

This is part and parcel of the rabbiting game,..it happens... :yes:

Obviously, no man in his right mind, is going to feel the need to put pictures up of such a sight, on the Internet/Books, etc..This is a perfectly acceptable part of a days hunting,...horrible,..awful and certainly not what we want, but as stated, it does happen,...that being said,..by keeping such a vision to ourselves,..are we copping out and allowing the Anti -hunting fraternity to rule our lives ? Should we show everything that occurs..is it obligatory ?

Personaly, I do not think this is the case...

As a lifelong hunter, I have done many things,..some not so good,....but as I have become more experienced I have learnt to behave in the manner of a true predator,...my aim is to catch my quarry,...I will go, all out to achieve that aim,..but as a responsible human being,..I know what is right and what is wrong... So lads, by all means show the world what we do, don't hide in dark corners,.never be ashamed,..we are in the right,.always have been, always will be,...but,..be compassionate,.be a hunting man..... :thumbs:

spot on I was thinking along these lines,but sadly didn't have a clue how to explain myself,nice one mr Lloyd

Watched a documentary about dingoes once they had one a dingo in same type trap to put a travking collar on with a quick massage twenty seconds or so of paw get bit blood flowing better it walked off without a hint of limping or pain

You're right, footholds are a tool used by biologists in the USA to catch, tag and release animals. I know that many of the tracking information/studies conducted on these animals are started with an animal in a leghold.

There's a youtube video, type it in 'destroying the myth' that sheds more light on how a foothold works. I can't post a link, but I'd be grateful if someone could. :victory:

Edited by J Darcy
  • Like 1

And over in the lurcher section theres photos of two dogs latched hold of a live wild pig followed by not one negative comment.... funny old world aint it.... :hmm: I wonder are the people who have been vocal on this thread will be as vocal on that thread? :whistling: :whistling:

• Like 3

This thread has been conducted in a civil manner. People have to accept that others may have different ideas of what is acceptable to themselves. They also have a right to state that opinion, it does not make them right or wrong, it's just their opinion.

TC

• Like 3

This thread has been conducted in a civil manner. People have to accept that others may have different ideas of what is acceptable to themselves. They also have a right to state that opinion, it does not make them right or wrong, it's just their opinion.

TC

Absolutely...I couldn't agree more. Apart from one outburst of personal abuse at myself the rest has been a great debate.

But Tiercel, why have you (as well as others very vocal in condemnation of trapping with legholds) not commented on the post in the lurcher section of dogs attached to a wild pig? I'm curious?

Edited by J Darcy
  • Like 1

TC

Absolutely...I couldn't agree more. Apart from one outburst of personal abuse at myself the rest has been a great debate.

But Tiercel, why have you (as well as others very vocal in condemnation of trapping with legholds) not commented on the post in the lurcher section of dogs attached to a wild pig? I'm curious?.

First off, please show me where I have condemned the use of leg holds, or any trap for that matter? I stated what was wrong in my opinion, the taking of the photo before the dispatch. The post in the dog section I have not seen, as I hardly ever go in there unless collies are in the thread title. I would not go and look for it as it does not interest me.

Hope that clears up some of your assumptions?

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1
:thumbs:

And over in the lurcher section theres photos of two dogs latched hold of a live wild pig followed by not one negative comment.... funny old world aint it.... :hmm: I wonder are the people who have been vocal on this thread will be as vocal on that thread? :whistling: :whistling:

perhaps that pic is in bad taste jd,perhaps all game or vermin should be dispatched soon as poss,no photo of live stuff ect,after all the camcorders in the 80s started the rot in this country ,when some in the game did not conduct themselves in the right way,and then went out the game as quick as they came in,just a thought from someone who remembers the days when joe public nad little idea about hunting and cared even less :thumbs:

• Like 3