Fox Trapping Austalia

Regarding not sticking up photo's or commenting for that matter, on these forum's! Does it help us at all, have the Anti's ran out of photo's to stick on their slogan's the last number of years? ?

DONT THINK SO!

Maybe it is helping us protect what we have, maybe it's doing feck all, apart from killing off this forum, and THL as a whole!

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A prime example of commenting on something you know f**k all about

Personaly,..I think we need to act like adults over such matters.. I fecking hate censorship,...I dislike not being able to do,.. what I want to do in life,...   The concept of a hunting forum, i

Thought I would put up a few photos of some foxes I trapped.

Posted Images

I think if a man/woman is into trapping, then best of luck to them! But I do think that your photo gallery should be in your head and private to you, a lot of people only take pics now to share online.

I think this these pics should not be put on this site as anti's will use them, which will affect country sports in Ireland and UK.

I honestly can say hand on heart, how on earth can somebody come on here and say the fox is not stressed from this ordeal. Would you not need to be a fox to experience the feelings while caught?

Is it ok for me to comment although I don't post in this section?

Is the fox in a trap more stressed than a hare or rabbit your lurcher is running?

How would a pic of a fox in a foothold effect any law in Uk or ireland when they have been outlawed many decades ago?.....

Just interested thats all.... :whistling:

I think if a man/woman is into trapping, then best of luck to them! But I do think that your photo gallery should be in your head and private to you, a lot of people only take pics now to share online.

I think this these pics should not be put on this site as anti's will use them, which will affect country sports in Ireland and UK.

I honestly can say hand on heart, how on earth can somebody come on here and say the fox is not stressed from this ordeal. Would you not need to be a fox to experience the feelings while caught?

Is it ok for me to comment although I don't post in this section?

Is the fox in a trap more stressed than a hare or rabbit your lurcher is running?

How would a pic of a fox in a foothold effect any law in Uk or ireland when they have been outlawed many decades ago?.....

Just interested thats all.... :whistling:

The anti's will use these pics as ammo to use against country sports in general. If you were not a hunting man and seen these pics, you would be against all country sport from looking at this pic. It does not portray a good image of trapping or country sport in general. Your photo gallery should be in your head!

Can you not answer the question...I'm not in support of those pics, just wanting to know your reasons....maybe you should PM Ian and ask him to remove the posting of photos ability on this site...or is it only this section?

The antis will not use pics of legholds against the Uk s they have been banned since before any of us were born.....I absolutely agree with your sentiments.....

But is that fox more stressed than an animal coursed by a dog?

Or is this more about the image than the action?

What if the image was of a racoon and not a fox? Would that make a difference?

Edited by J Darcy
  • Like 1

It is not the style of trapping that made me dislike the photo. It was the fact that he decided to take photos before killing the fox. In my eyes respect ( a quick humane kill) for the hunted / trapped animal comes first, photos second.

TC

• Like 2

TC I understand where your coming from on welfare grounds..but then that should be the same for all wildlife, shouldn`t it?

Take flying insects - we put up a sticky pad allow flies etc to land on them, they then stay there until they die, this equally is wrong but we all do it and it is acceptable?

• Like 1

i take pictures but they are usually of dead rabbits in traps unless i am snaring them some are alive , to me anyone who puts up a post in the trapping and snaring section without pictures probably aint got anything to show

• Like 2

i take pictures but they are usually of dead rabbits in traps unless i am snaring them some are alive , to me anyone who puts up a post in the trapping and snaring section without pictures probably aint got anything to show

And in that statement Micky you have hit the nail on the head, Most, but not all by any means, photos are about bragging rights or for the acceptance of their peers.

TC

• Like 2

And in that statement Micky you have hit the nail on the head, Most, but not all by any means, photos are about bragging rights or for the acceptance of their peers.

TC

Have to disagree with you TC! I really enjoy the pics! Be it pics of dogs, game, traps or whatever! They really add to a discussion or story! I don't see it as bragging, it doesn't make me the least jealous, and nothing on here offends me!

I really am anti-nothing, when it comes to pics on THL!?

• Like 4

Well !!!! some of you have slagged this poor lad off so much, that he will probably never come on the site again, he put up some pics to show us all what he does in his country, nothing wrong with that in my opinion, i thought this site was for hunting trapping and pest control, just because his methods dont suit you doesn't make it wrong.

If you go on some of the other sites from other country's you will see thousands of pics just like these.

The problem is with this country is we pander far too much to the animal rites lunatics.

I hope Adam keeps posting pics, it certainly a lot more interesting than a thousand topics on catching moles, which by the way is how i make most of my living for a few months of the year.

Brian

• Like 8

TC

TC, how can photos of one single catch be considered bragging rights?

I love the photos posted on here...whether they are of one single rabbit catch or thirty moles....it's nothing I don't see every day, but I still like the idea of folks getting out, getting their hands dirty and trapping! The more the merrier IMO and if it helps bring a few young guys into the trapping game then alls the better....

• Like 1