Fox Trapping Austalia

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A prime example of commenting on something you know f**k all about

Personaly,..I think we need to act like adults over such matters.. I fecking hate censorship,...I dislike not being able to do,.. what I want to do in life,...   The concept of a hunting forum, i

Thought I would put up a few photos of some foxes I trapped.

Posted Images

Haha if it was cruel it wouldn't be legal here in Australia shag and the traps are offset which means there is a gap in the jaws and they are padded with rubber, they have to be by law also trap chains are fitted with several swivels and shock springs to also minimise damage. Most foxes after initially being caught carry on but after a while soon settle down as they are not in pain... As I said if it caused any pain to the animal caught they wouldn't be legal especially in my state.

Edited by adam s
  • Like 3

Looks cruel to me least you could of Done was dispatched them before you took pictures

]

Are you saying that all the trappers in the USA, Canada,Russia, Australia and loads of other country's are all cruel, wish we could still do it here, this country is far too soft and pampers to the bunny and tree hugger brigade far too much.

Well done Adam, and you dont have to explain youself on here, not as far as most of us are concerned.

Brian

• Like 3

Looks cruel to me least you could of Done was dispatched them before you took pictures

A prime example of commenting on something you know f**k all about

Your bang on mate I know fook all about trapping but if I did trap id dispatch them as soon as not make them pose for a selfie I never said the man was cruel for trapping them I was thought to respect my quarry

• Like 1

Thanks guys, J darcy the lures I used for two of the foxes I purchased so I'm not sure what's in them I know there is fox glands in them, and for the other one was just fox urine with sheep heart for the bait.

Edited by adam s

Interesting topic, must stress them terribly but it's legal so there it is.

I would imagine that the animal is stressed for about three minutes after it's caught then it realises that escape is not possible and 'something' is holding its paw. After which they curl up and wait/sleep. Then they probably get agitated upon the trappers approach. In the grand scheme of things that's not much stress IMO.

• Like 1