Fox Trapping Austalia

There are just too many contentious photos being posted on the internet. Even though they are not illegal they are fodder against trapping and hunting.

The photo with the fox caught in two traps. Just imagine that with an anti trapping slogan, pretty emotive. I have never been an advocate of posting pictures of dead or live animals on the internet, if you want to see rabbits, rats or foxes caught go out and catch them yourself.

It does seem that people who do post them are constantly looking for a pat on the back off their peers. Look what I can do sort of thing. They will help in the long run to get all forms of trapping and hunting further curtailed.

Just my thoughts.

TC

• Like 5

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A prime example of commenting on something you know f**k all about

Personaly,..I think we need to act like adults over such matters.. I fecking hate censorship,...I dislike not being able to do,.. what I want to do in life,...   The concept of a hunting forum, i

Thought I would put up a few photos of some foxes I trapped.

Posted Images

There are just too many contentious photos being posted on the internet. Even though they are not illegal they are fodder against trapping and hunting.

The photo with the fox caught in two traps. Just imagine that with an anti trapping slogan, pretty emotive. I have never been an advocate of posting pictures of dead or live animals on the internet, if you want to see rabbits, rats or foxes caught go out and catch them yourself.

It does seem that people who do post them are constantly looking for a pat on the back off their peers. Look what I can do sort of thing. They will help in the long run to get all forms of trapping and hunting further curtailed.

Just my thoughts.

TC

TC, is the point in this forum not for like minded people to come and share their hunting lives? IMO the site is a poorer place without pictures. Why does it have to be for a pat on the back? If we don't share things like this there is NO THL.

The day everyone on this site becomes like me, never posting about any of our exploits because there is always someone ready to offer their morally superior opinion, the site will die for good. And believe me, these forums are missing out on some members exploits terribly!!!! I've noticed a few folks from here on Instagram and judging by their photos they seem to enjoy more sport in a month than any one of these forums has produced in a year! What a shame they don't post their pictures on THL too....

If pictures of unharmed live trapped quarry is considered unacceptable then perhaps there needs to be an update of the site rules so the OP can continue to post his pics without offending.

• Like 5

Just my thoughts.

TC

TC, is the point in this forum not for like minded people to come and share their hunting lives? IMO the site is a poorer place without pictures. Why does it have to be for a pat on the back? If we don't share things like this there is NO THL.

The day everyone on this site becomes like me, never posting about any of our exploits because there is always someone ready to offer their morally superior opinion, the site will die for good. And believe me, these forums are missing out on some members exploits terribly!!!! I've noticed a few folks from here on Instagram and judging by their photos they seem to enjoy more sport in a month than any one of these forums has produced in a year! What a shame they don't post their pictures on THL too....

If pictures of unharmed live trapped quarry is considered unacceptable then perhaps there needs to be an update of the site rules so the OP can continue to post his pics without offending.

A lot of the problem is the fact that the images, as THL is an open forum are accessible world wide. I have not tried it yet, but I am willing to bet if you type trapped fox into google images the photos of the fox that have been posted on this thread will show up. ( just tried it and they do not) That said, other images from THL did. As I stated if you really want to see foxes, rabbits, or rats in traps get out there and do it yourself. Some of the people who put away the most gear on this site have more sense than to post about it.

TC

• Like 4

Just my thoughts.

TC

A lot of the problem is the fact that the images, as THL is an open forum are accessible world wide. I have not tried it yet, but I am willing to bet if you type trapped fox into google images the photos of the fox that have been posted on this thread will show up. ( just tried it and they do not) That said, other images from THL did. As I stated if you really want to see foxes, rabbits, or rats in traps get out there and do it yourself. Some of the people who put away the most gear on this site have more sense than to post about it.

TC

That said, then what is the point in a forum? Lets just close it down and only have mole trapping talk? Why not ban photos being posted on this forum? How far does it need to be taken?

• Like 4

TC

Then Ian might as well close the site or rebrand it The Muslim Bashing and Airgun Theory World because that's all it'll be.

Just a bunch of folks that are too scared to talk about killing stuff because it might make us look like barbarians.

There's a good reason many folks feel the site has gone down hill since the ban..... just look at the threads that used to be posted pre 05. That we didn't have a choice over...... lets not go and start banning every other aspect of legal hunting and trapping........ because the result will be the same.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

Your right Eddie, among fellow trappers would be one thing, among the whole wide world is different.

As we speak, they're thinking about banning the snare in Northern Ireland.

its legal were he is,cant see the problem.

It's legal to make a bull run around a ring in Spain before being stabbed multiple times before finally being killed ... That doesn't make it right or ethical ... I would in no way decry bullfighting as that is part of their heritage ... BUT it doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it ........

Come on Socks, surely you can't compare bullfighting to foothold traps? They're worlds apart.....

The poster shouldn't have posted the pic where the fox is caught in multiple traps, IMO, but the rest are ok.

And I agree with almost everything you say Neil....sadly, the internet is the stick they will use to beat us all with.... :huh:

I'm not comparing them I was pointing out the fact that just because it's legal doesn't make it tasteful ... As I said earlier I would never decry another countries methods or hunting laws ... I don't like foot hold traps and if they were legal over here I wouldn't use them ... My preference my choice ... Each to his own ........

• Like 1

Don't understand why folks would want to hide what we do unless they feel they can't justify it ?

Wonder why mainstream telly are happy to show leg holds and I wonder on the program mountain men how they Martin die hanging four foot up in the air by one leg?

• Like 6

To my way of thinking, killing what ever you have hunted, trapped or caught is just part and parcel of hunting. Nothing to glorify, just a necessity that has to be done as quickly and humanly as possible. I am sure I am not alone in saying that photos of dead animals do absolutely nothing for me. It does not tell me how they caught the animal what techniques were use, so I gain nothing from it.

Have a look back on threads telling how they caught some thing and the techniques used. It barley has a couple of posts, (mole trapping apart) Then have a look at post with pictures of dead rabbits in and then see how many good job or well done posts there are. But what have they learned, I'll tell you ziltch. How many photos of dead rabbits does a person need to see?

To be honest, most on here could not catch a cold in a sanatorium, much less tell you how they done it.

TC

• Like 2

:hmm:Personaly,..I think we need to act like adults over such matters.. :yes:

I fecking hate censorship,...I dislike not being able to do,.. what I want to do in life,... :censored:

The concept of a hunting forum, is surely to discuss what we do,..how we do it,..and if you fancy,.what we catch..

Nothing wrong with that,..and if lads want to post pictures of their catches,..then why not...

However,..the hunting scene has changed,..drastically,... :blink:

Nowadays,..to aid the continuance of our survival as hunters,.we need to watch our backs,.be cautious, be aware..

It is so easy to become lulled, into a sense of false security and convince ourselves that everyone thinks along the same lines as ourselves,..cos, by feck, they sure as hell don't...SO,...our real freedom of expression does not have to include showing everything that occurs...We have a choice whether to do our own thing and keep certain aspects 'in the family' OR to ram images down the throats of other, less supportive folk.

For instance....I am a rabbiter,...I catch nothing else,..(don't actually catch many rabbits :laugh: )...but,..occasionally,..a rabbit elects to stay put, deep down in a warren and the ferret will refuse to 'come away' and give him best..(good ferret :clapper: )....now, when this occurs, you will often pull out a rabbit that has sustained some damage, either to his back,..or more graphically, to his face, etc, etc.......

This is part and parcel of the rabbiting game,..it happens... :yes:

Obviously, no man in his right mind, is going to feel the need to put pictures up of such a sight, on the Internet/Books, etc..This is a perfectly acceptable part of a days hunting,...horrible,..awful and certainly not what we want, but as stated, it does happen,...that being said,..by keeping such a vision to ourselves,..are we copping out and allowing the Anti -hunting fraternity to rule our lives ? Should we show everything that occurs..is it obligatory ?

Personaly, I do not think this is the case...

As a lifelong hunter, I have done many things,..some not so good,....but as I have become more experienced I have learnt to behave in the manner of a true predator,...my aim is to catch my quarry,...I will go, all out to achieve that aim,..but as a responsible human being,..I know what is right and what is wrong... So lads, by all means show the world what we do, don't hide in dark corners,.never be ashamed,..we are in the right,.always have been, always will be,...but,..be compassionate,.be a hunting man..... :thumbs:

• Like 11

To my way of thinking, killing what ever you have hunted, trapped or caught is just part and parcel of hunting. Nothing to glorify, just a necessity that has to be done as quickly and humanly as possible. I am sure I am not alone in saying that photos of dead animals do absolutely nothing for me. It does not tell me how they caught the animal what techniques were use, so I gain nothing from it.

Have a look back on threads telling how they caught some thing and the techniques used. It barley has a couple of posts, (mole trapping apart) Then have a look at post with pictures of dead rabbits in and then see how many good job or well done posts there are. But what have they learned, I'll tell you ziltch. How many photos of dead rabbits does a person need to see?

To be honest, most on here could not catch a cold in a sanatorium, much less tell you how they done it.

TC

So what does that tell you about this site? People value pictures in the thread, it adds to the experience!

What have I learnt from seeing 100 rabbits hanging on a five bar gate........ that the fecker hanging them at 4am has more patience than I do at that time in the morning! LOL. What does it matter what I have learnt though? Do I learn anything when I read a fantasy book or flick through my feed on instagram? Probably little of significance. It's not the point, we come on these sites to share our exploits and read of others. Your above statement is testament to that. Learning a new technique or skill is a small part of this site, learning of what everyone else does is probably the most significant, and for no other reason than 'it's interesting'.

• Like 3

TC

So what does that tell you about this site? People value pictures in the thread, it adds to the experience!

What have I learnt from seeing 100 rabbits hanging on a five bar gate........ that the fecker hanging them at 4am has more patience than I do at that time in the morning! LOL. What does it matter what I have learnt though? Do I learn anything when I read a fantasy book or flick through my feed on instagram? Probably little of significance. It's not the point, we come on these sites to share our exploits and read of others. Your above statement is testament to that. Learning a new technique or skill is a small part of this site, learning of what everyone else does is probably the most significant, and for no other reason than 'it's interesting'.

What the f**k is an Instagram and what do you feed it?

• Like 3

:laugh::laugh:

It's an picture posting social network type app you download. You 'follow' people and any pictures they post are shown in your feed. Loads of Hunting and shooting from all over the world. Keepers, deer managers, African PHs, Alaskan trappers, professional bow hunters etc etc.

f**k sake, I'm gonna get rinsed for this now aren't I..... :laugh:

It's an picture posting social network type app you download. You 'follow' people and any pictures they post are shown in your feed. Loads of Hunting and shooting from all over the world. Keepers, deer managers, African PHs, Alaskan trappers, professional bow hunters etc etc.

Ahh like pictures of folks doing a handstand???

Ahh like pictures of folks doing a handstand???

:D Yeah, silly shit like that!

• Like 1

BUT, legholds were banned over here long, long ago. And I dare say that they won't be banned over in Oz for a long time yet. So, those photos cannot and will not affect the Uk and I dare say that they won't affect trapping in Oz either due to the red fox being an invasive species that is decimating native fauna.

So, what is the point in worrying about censoring photos from other countries for activities that have been firmly banned over here for many years.

It's making a mountain out of a molehill if you ask me....

No one posts anything gruesome on this section, that could be used against us. Not that I've seen anyhow.

This is the only section I really post on these days, the pics I post are, generally, of usual traps or things out of the norm. I didn't really see a problem in it, whether there's dead rabbits in situ or not...maybe that should change.....

• Like 2