Fox Trapping Austalia

Interesting topic, must stress them terribly but it's legal so there it is.

I would imagine that the animal is stressed for about three minutes after it's caught then it realises that escape is not possible and 'something' is holding its paw. After which they curl up and wait/sleep. Then they probably get agitated upon the trappers approach. In the grand scheme of things that's not much stress IMO.

ive seen a fox rip its paw from the jaws of a terrier. there must be a fair amount of pressure in those jaws. and i would think they will be trapped for a fair timespan. of course the fox is stressed. ffs. its interesting to see how things are done all over the globe and i wouldnt knock other cultures. but lets not go down the road of sugar coating things. interesting post thanks for sharing. but not my cuppa tea

• Like 3

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A prime example of commenting on something you know f**k all about

Personaly,..I think we need to act like adults over such matters.. I fecking hate censorship,...I dislike not being able to do,.. what I want to do in life,...   The concept of a hunting forum, i

Thought I would put up a few photos of some foxes I trapped.

Posted Images

Interesting topic, must stress them terribly but it's legal so there it is.

I would imagine that the animal is stressed for about three minutes after it's caught then it realises that escape is not possible and 'something' is holding its paw. After which they curl up and wait/sleep. Then they probably get agitated upon the trappers approach. In the grand scheme of things that's not much stress IMO.

ive seen a fox rip its paw from the jaws of a terrier. there must be a fair amount of pressure in those jaws. and i would think they will be trapped for a fair timespan. of course the fox is stressed. ffs. its interesting to see how things are done all over the globe and i wouldnt knock other cultures. but lets not go down the road of sugar coating things. interesting post thanks for sharing. but not my cuppa tea

Do you know anything about it? I guess from that reply that you do not. Educate yourself, then you are qualified to have an opinion.

• Like 2

i dont need educated you arrogant prick. :thumbs: j darcy born at the age of 50. :laugh: . there hasnt been a way to catch or kill animals without a degree of pain or stress. to me its about catching or killing your quarry with as little as possible. taking pictures of a trapped fox isnt doing that. and thats my opinion so you can bite my banger sonny boy .i'd stick to your childrens books if i was you. this in in my opinion. and is not meant as a poke at the original poster. to each there own :yes:

this was a computer generated reply.

• Like 3

To hold an animal by its foot that tightly there must obviously be a large amount of pressure being generated by the trap ... In that case the there must be blood loss going to the foot which is going to be painful .......

Cruel or not the lad who started the topic states that if it was cruel it would be banned in his neck of the woods.

That implies that trapping is under scrutiny ???

Those photos wont help anyone who's fighting to keep on trapping. Quiet the opposite.

He would get the same praise of fellow trappers (which is why he put the photos up) if he showed the dead foxes in a row or something similar.

99.9% of this worlds population have only ever seen vermin in traps through similar photos and as the saying goes, the photo never lies.

So why take the photos ???

JMHO and I use traps myself and I would imagine in a country as vast as Australia a well set, humane trap is worth it's weight in gold.

But why take photos and put them on the WWW ?

• Like 4

Looks like we'll be getting back to lovely pictures of mole's, moles, and did I mention moles!

Everything will be back to normal, and everyone will be happy!?

Jesus what's this forum come to, when ya can't post a few pictures of trapped quarry, without being ridiculed by so called fellow trapper's!

• Like 3

Your right Eddie, among fellow trappers would be one thing, among the whole wide world is different.

As we speak, they're thinking about banning the snare in Northern Ireland.

its legal were he is,cant see the problem.

It's legal to make a bull run around a ring in Spain before being stabbed multiple times before finally being killed ... That doesn't make it right or ethical ... I would in no way decry bullfighting as that is part of their heritage ... BUT it doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it ........

• Like 5

Your right Eddie, among fellow trappers would be one thing, among the whole wide world is different.

That's not what I'm saying. Read my first post.

Here in Ireland coursing, terrier work ,snaring and fox hunting is all still legal.

So because it's legal we don't need to protect it or preserve it ?

We don't need anyone fighting our corner if it's still legal ?

Is that the way people think ?

It's legal to make a bull run around a ring in Spain before being stabbed multiple times before finally being killed ... That doesn't make it right or ethical ... I would in no way decry bullfighting as that is part of their heritage ... BUT it doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it ........

Come on Socks, surely you can't compare bullfighting to foothold traps? They're worlds apart.....

The poster shouldn't have posted the pic where the fox is caught in multiple traps, IMO, but the rest are ok.

And I agree with almost everything you say Neil....sadly, the internet is the stick they will use to beat us all with.... :huh:

Nice pics! Always interesting seeing stuff from other countries.

I'd imagine the fox suffered a lot less than a dug fox, or a fish caught on a line, or even a lot of rabbits caught in 'humane' Fenn traps. But that would be speculating on something I'm not really qualified to comment on...... :whistling:

Hopefully you keep showing us your hunting life. :thumbs:

• Like 3