• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the last couple i have taken were up around monto qld, and they can run like the wind.these were taken with a deerhound/stag/pit. while they were near a dam going for water.i think if you have a fast hard dog with a good mouth then you can easily take them if you can somehow ge them out in the open country a bit more,,maybe drop a dead beast there for food?..they put up a goodfight but do not last long and like i said if you have a dog with a good mouth of him you will take em

• 2 weeks later...

Dingoes around here won't come anywhere near most dogs, although a mate was mustering cattle once and a bitch dingo/cattle cross came out of the creek and had a bit of a chase of the cattle!

Here's a pic of a few dingoes anyway. Notice the missing scalps, most councils pay a bounty of between 10 and 50 dollars for a scalp.

632.jpg

Edited by FJager
Guest Ditch_Shitter

We're now hearing reports of a " Dingo " here in Co. Leitrim, Eire!

Incredibly, ye own roving Ditch Shitter set out and was able to manage this 'Exclusive' shot with my own, recently busted camera!

Now, I'd say this Is Conclusive, Photographic PROOF that I Personally witnessed a " Dingo Dog " sniffing out a hole in the bank where badgers regularly pass through. Dawn B and FoxDropper may, of course, dispute this till Pat and Noels cows come home. But I Was There! I Know what I saw! (Now know him really quite well, actually. And he's f*cking gorgeous! :D)

post-3041-1196575160_thumb.jpg

My own, as yet reasonably limited experience of the " Dingo " tells me that; Yeppers. Dingo's do indeed Love a good feast on lamb - preferably presented in a steel bowl at around 17:00. Their approach to other Dogs is cautious but willing. They are breath takingly agile - kangaroo? Ye should see this bugger jump through a 'hoop'! And their main danger to man is a broken nose, while leaping up in greeting. Or a nipped bum, just because! :laugh: However, these evils apply Only to those who show them abject love and feed them. All other humans are completely and utterly ignored!

Oh. Alright then. I'm sorry! I've intruded here on what truly Is a fasinating Thread and have lowered the tone :icon_redface: . Sorry, lads; I've just been busting a f*ckin gut to break my self imposed silence and tell the world what a Brilliant Dog I've been granted custody of here, by our own Valentino :notworthy:

He came to me known as " Dingo ". He f*ckin well looks like a Dingo. And every mention of that name just draws me! :laugh: Now I'll just f*ck off and let you guys get back on with it.

(I have corresponded with an Aussie Dog Trapper though. Swears by Gin traps produced in england about a century ago. Reckons they still hold the finest spring he's ever used and wouldn't even consider selling them for the price of a shit load of modern, American produced steel)

:drink:

:clapper::clapper: So you going to get that $50 for him??

Sounds like your very happy with him DS. Its good to see he has a great home after everything.

Cant see myself owning a dingo- just dont reckon we'd get along too well. Alot of pups getting around at the moment though out bush.

Down in victoria last year their was a girl that exhibited a pair of alpine dingoes at a running dog show apperently they one a ribbon for the best pair . It was also reported that the judge wasn't the only one keeping a close eye on them.

As far as owning them I have a few mates that have found pups and taken them home they seem fine when young but they reach adult hood they manage to take off never to be seen again.

Stevemac

My cousin had a cross bred 1, it was the biggest pr#ck of a dog I have just about ever seen. Dingoes are coward dogs, (hence the term, 'u dingo b#stard' or 'your as yellow as a dingo', which I am sure the Aussies on here would have heard used before), they have no gameness at all, they merely kill to eat, apart from carrion they live on lizards, snakes and insects, you'll never see a fat one in the wild. They may catch the occassional skippy.

Now, I'd say this Is Conclusive, Photographic PROOF that I Personally witnessed a " Dingo Dog " sniffing out a hole in the bank where badgers regularly pass through. Dawn B and FoxDropper may, of course, dispute this till Pat and Noels cows come home. But I Was There! I Know what I saw! (Now know him really quite well, actually. And he's f*cking gorgeous! )

Evolution is a wonderful thing ditchy mate as they now are being born with collars .lol.

Hows that mink trapping now you are wearing gloves? .

dont know relly how cowardly they are but iv had one follow me for a few kms till i got to camp on foot and as i was having a afternoon sleep stole about 5 kilos of samber meat only a few meters from my swag pretty cuuning id reackon

Known of the same thing happening Allgame, the dog that stole your venison though, if you had of sprung him and started yelling it would have taken off, the dogs around here are like that anyway, there are a lot of crossbreds out there these days, and they can be a different story, a pure job job though isn't interested in confrontation, they don't bother our cattle, for the simple fact the cattle will charge them. B#stard you lost your hard one venison.