Deer For The Dog Raw

Couldn't you chopsome of it it up and boil it just to make sure, then put some of the cooked meat in fridge and freeze what you can. At least it won't go to waste. If the same rule applies to Deer as Rabbit then isn't it 3 weeks it needs freezing for? If so then that will take quite a bit of freezer up for near a month, unless you got the space.

It's in the freezer now managed to squeeze it in, will wait a week or 2 before I start feeding it. And in regards to the lethal injection this had definitely been hit, and must of been within 20-30 mins of us finding it is say.

Used to feed it on the bone dog loved it and looked good on it but it did have a few runny ones

Wonder why it makes shit runny, is it because the dogs stomach not used to it. You would think with the bone eaten with it, it might equal it out a bit.

i'd say if theres a lot of blood in it ,it can make it's shite black and runny ,

but also there not much fat or a lot else so i'd guess it is a bit high in protein/iron?

I personally just feed raw as is and worm them a bit regular

After reading warnings on the net about people eating /feeding roadkill venison that had been put down with a lethal injection and not collected I'd be wary of feeding it to my stock unless I saw it killed.

:yes: x2

After reading warnings on the net about people eating /feeding roadkill venison that had been put down with a lethal injection and not collected I'd be wary of feeding it to my stock unless I saw it killed.

:yes: x2
Do they actually do that? A few weeks back near me, the armed response had to shoot one

These dogs have got it good these days. Ive just had beans on toast and my pup had 2lb beef + 2lb chicken :hmm:

your pup must be huge 4lb of bait a bet it cant walk now lol

He is a big pup, last time I measured him he was 26"+ tts so prob 27 now, don't knows what he weighs but he would send you up in the air if he hit you from behind. Some days he will eat 4lb others a bit less. He aint over/under weight mate, gets plenty of excersise.

Ive seen rspca putting a wounded deer down and he used a gun,thought he was john f***ing wayne he did.

Like any wild meat, freezing for 2-3 days will kill any parasites. Shouldn't cause the runs any more than any other raw meat, but if your dog is usually on dry feed then a sudden change to raw meat can cause a few issues!