Third Half

Rez

Got out this evening after treating the misses to the afternoon at the all about dogs show at Newark. It's the first time I've actually got to shoot my Fenman at anything more than 15 yards which was in her rents garden.

Started dire. Real dire. But after a while the groups started closing up, nothing like acceptable, but well in 15 mm. I said in a previous post about the firing cycle being no diff to the springers, but it is as the range gets longer. Very different. At 30, my mistakes showed. It's amazing how it feels the same, perhaps quicker with the lock time, but God its a real art I need to work at. I shall continue and the first step is to change the pellet. I have a funny feeling the JSB Heavies aren't gonna get closer. Ordered some of the old faithful H&N FTT's.

As an edit, the heavies have some right stopping power. The top one was clocked in the head. The small one below was hit on the forehead at a 3/4 angle and the pellet came out the shoulder as you'll see left side. Might be sweet in my 100... But I don't do field sports with that, it's not a challenge :)

I did, however, feel confident to have a walk round the perm and see what was about. Unfortunately, I did wound one which I couldn't retrieve. A bad day, but it happens. These two were stalked and dropped with a few kicks.

The new rifle has potential, I just need to keep at it. Looking back if I'd of had any other of my rifles, the PS or 97, they'd of been more in the bag, but id rather miss than wound, as I did :(

It's been on my mind since I got home, playing it back over... And over.

post-94709-0-44366100-1430089223_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Its alright man. It's took me ages to get used to it. I don't actaully want it on the fenman, it's not right, I don't know why. It's not heavy enough for me, perhaps. I've bought a rail from some nob on this forum who is yet to post it, so I'll be naming him if it doesn't arrive soon, I can then add any dovetail onto the rifle, the Panamax no doubt.

It's most defiantly suited to PCP and HFT nerds, ret wise.

• Like 1

Its alright man. It's took me ages to get used to it. I don't actaully want it on the fenman, it's not right, I don't know why. It's not heavy enough for me, perhaps. I've bought a rail from some nob on this forum who is yet to post it, so I'll be naming him if it doesn't arrive soon, I can then add any dovetail onto the rifle, the Panamax no doubt.

It's most defiantly suited to PCP and HFT nerds, ret wise.

Remember you still have the Airmax they should be on there way as soon as next week bud fingers crossed

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1