Sign in to follow this  
LaddyLurcher

Deerhound Cross

Hi all, just wondering who's got experience with deerhound cross lurchers. I have heard they can take longer than other lurchers too mature, mine is nine month old now seems keen as mustard but don't want to rush and ruin it.

Ask that in the lurcher section you will get more and better answers mate

Treat like any other Lurcher and start when you think it's ready. A wouldn't hold it back to much if it was mine

• Like 1

He caught a young rabbit other day while just out on a walk we do quite a few miles each day and he runs about and always seems to have some energy to spare so thinking maybe let him have a run on the lamp this is my first lurcher so I am still learning too.

Ask that in the lurcher section you will get more and better answers mate

I realised that after I posted, it was my first post on here.

Hi all, just wondering who's got experience with deerhound cross lurchers. I have heard they can take longer than other lurchers too mature, mine is nine month old now seems keen as mustard but don't want to rush and ruin it.

welcome i run dh x's have done for 10 years they do take long to mature thats a known fact by the time next season comes around you should be fine for running the dog

Had a 3/4 grey a few years back, got it for my lad, that started just like any other lurchers, picking up myxi bunnys in summer and started on lamp at 9 month, I thought it may have been down to him being 3/4 grey, but he ended up hitting 33ats and was a pure throw back to the deerhound. I have since spoke to few guys that had lots more experience with them than me an they said most will start like a normal lurcher, and reason most that own this type think they take longer to mature is they ain't give dogs a chance to

the last bit is a load of rubbish mate :yes: they take longer mature one of mine was like a big pup at 2 1/2 and some of my others in the past was around that age

Its an opinion like yours, I had one here out lamping with my kids at 9 month old ffs. Know of countless others that started same, could just be you, maybe your rubbish???

You'd think so, 10 years is nowt really compared to others. Iv had socks my wellies 10 years, don't know fook all about them tho other than put my feet in

• Like 1

Good to see you pair getting on so well..lol