HARRIS HAWK & FERRETTING

andy s410c

Morning all,a friend of mine owns the hawk & i own the ferrets(polecat colours) how do we intoduce the 2 together without my poleys becoming casualties :icon_eek:.I have read that albinos should be used with a hawk?? Any advice will be appreciated.... :signthankspin:

Thanks for the advice lads,the problem is i won,t be able to keep the ferrets in open front cage for the bird to see at my mates looks like it,s a no starter :thumbdown: unless he brings her down to my garden on her bow perch for a couple of hours at the weekends :hmm::signthankspin:

the advice millet give is spot on but all i can say is be carefull the first season i introduced the bird too the ferrets she was spot on she would just sit in the tree waitin on for the rabbits bolt not even intrested in the ferrets.But last season she was tryin nail the bloody things every chance she could get :doh: so your best just keepin your eye on the bird see how she reacts to the ferrets best of luck bud :thumbs:

Morning all,a friend of mine owns the hawk & i own the ferrets(polecat colours) how do we intoduce the 2 together without my poleys becoming casualties :icon_eek:.I have read that albinos should be used with a hawk?? Any advice will be appreciated.... :signthankspin:

doesnt matter what colour mate, ive used both with my harrisis,i tend to keep the bird on the fist the first few times,only letting go when prey runs ,so they dont look at the ferrat as prey :D

I put the bird out on the bow on the lawn, peg the ferret out like a goat a safe distance from the harris.

The more the bird sees of the ferret the better and i agree with Some of the other posts. Ive also got a ferret hutch in the mews with the bird.

Dont fly loose over ferrets unless they are used to them, u will wnd up with a nailed ferret. The bird is driven by hunger the ferret is food.