Sign in to follow this  
gnasher16

Pigeons

What's your marches like mate? Can they tackle? How far they range? I kept horseman for while and couple jienese, nice birds, thinking about getting some decent ranging horseman again or pair of moroncellos for garden. Think gnippers are horseman as well. Get some pics up mate

Havent got any birds at mo . They were just show birds never worked them . Used to have 300 + birds in partnership with my stepdad Ian. Had swifts and dewlaps flying out . Lovely to watch the swifts .Ian had african owls and bokhara trumpeters .also had oddsn sods as foster parents. Will get some pictures when i go to me mums. Would love to have more havent got space here.

Still got my young bird loft round my sisters with her chooks in it .when i get bigger garden will get afew birds .something easy that rears its own.probably a flying breed.

Like the wolverhampton mags n badges colour wise . not sure if they fly well.Ian still judges at a few shows said he fancies portugese tumblers ,ive not seen them in the flesh though.

The mags I had flew for hours and kitted well but they didn't tumble much.

post-36519-0-26269700-1431026103_thumb.jpgpost-36519-0-50274700-1431026147_thumb.jpgpost-36519-0-59945400-1431026216_thumb.jpgpost-36519-0-73218300-1431026265_thumb.jpgpost-36519-0-01206900-1431026312_thumb.jpgpost-36519-0-67197000-1431026355_thumb.jpgpost-36519-0-09277700-1431026418_thumb.jpgpost-36519-0-71283500-1431026501_thumb.jpg

Top is my champion berlin short face tumbler cock

Yellow bokhara trumpeter

Black african owl

Voorburg shield cropper youngsters

Another bob with bsft

Copper berlin short face

Adult voorburg

Young trumpeters having bath

• Like 3

Bald head bokharas

Grizzle berliner

Red bokhara

Muffed monk

Shield marked african owl

Edited by jimgt206

The voorburg croppers look nice.

Lovely very tame birds ,especialy the hens .good parents .quite alot of mismarks though .have grease quills so blacks n reds have very good sheen. Not best of flyers but very active strutting round.

Edited by jimgt206

Was they flying birds mate, or kept in and bred for shows?[/quote

When i started everything flew out . As i got more serious best n stock had aviaries. Had german n dutch imports spent too much to lose them! done lots of shows all over and did well with them.

• Like 1

Must admit i cant abide all that show malarky with birds any more than with dogs......just dont sit right with me but each to their own im sure they are happy healthy animals in their own way.