Bye Bye Hmr!

Got another HMR for shooting rabbits with the night vision about 5 weeks back, had a bit of a mishap using hornady blue tips. To say I nearly shit myself is an understatement, could of blown my hand off if I was a south paw and my ear is still ringing..the stock ended up in bits 2 foot away..trigger guard bent, magazine holder and bolt jammed..Round must of got stuck in the barrel and had another one behind it..not recommended !

hmr1.jpg

hmr2.jpg

hmr3.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say I'm with you here.   The HMR has it's issues, well the ammo does anyway, this is without doubt appalling and potentially dangerous, SO BE CAREFUL. It isn't Russian roulette as someone

That's horrendous, the outcome could have been much worse. someone is gong to get seriously injured with this ammo   Glad you're OK

Everyone knows that the HMR calibre was designed by the devil!   Stick with a pocket full of stones Cedric! Thinking about it ............. I would most probably would have hit more if I had used s

Posted Images

Did you miss the sonic crack of the previous round?

Yip, but in fairness jammed bullet heads are all too common with these rounds the manufacturers want there arse's kicking..

Strange it blew up like that seeing the bolt and mag are still in place.

The empty shell is still fused to the bolt, and the heads are still lodged in the barrel, I can't believe the barrel didn't peel back like a banana...looking at the actual action is doesn't look that bad, although as I say the trigger guard and magazine holder are bent down and cracked..

Just spoke to EB the distributors, the rifle and ammunition are being sent back to them. I don't think the blue tips have been in circulation for a couple of year, so I probably got a 50/50 mix of red and blue, when I bought a 1000. Speaking to the distributors, they said the rifle is designed to do what it did, as it vents back near the bolt.