hi guys ive got a hawk 6-24x50 on my hmr , and when i zero it perfect as soon as i start to use the gun at night in a 4x4 it gets out of zero.

the mounts are tight etc and i hold the gun so it doesnt get bashed around when were driving in the fields .

so my question is why do you think its not staying in zero? its just over a year old so its not old.

i zero the scope with a bipod and a sandbag off a table in the field.....Before i pack up i leave the bipod on and have a shoot out of the window of the defender because its happened before so i thought ill try it from the window and it was still spot on!

But as soon as i drive to my premission which is about 8 miles away its not zero.

i put the gun in a hard case so it doesnt get bashed around.

There's a reason Hawke scopes are cheap. They're crap. You only have to feel the clicks as you adjust it to know they're shite.

I was bitten in the same way. You think you're getting a deal and you're not.

There are probably exceptions but generally they cant be trusted to hold zero and you cant dial in a range.

You get what you pay for in optics, and the basic rule is, beg steal and borrow to get decent optics, the most you can afford.

• Like 1

There's a reason Hawke scopes are cheap. They're crap. You only have to feel the clicks as you adjust it to know they're shite.

I was bitten in the same way. You think you're getting a deal and you're not.

There are probably exceptions but generally they cant be trusted to hold zero and you cant dial in a range.

You get what you pay for in optics, and the basic rule is, beg steal and borrow to get decent optics, the most you can afford.

+1. :yes:

Is it still on zero when you get back to the location you zero'd it?

Is this the first time you've had the problem.

Threadlocked all the screws?

No it's not holding zero when I return to where I originally zeroed it .....

It's always done it to be honest but I'm noticing that it's getting worse ..

Yeah I've thread locked the screws ....

So in basic term I'm in need of a new scope

To even the balance a little as there are several here who don't have a good word for Hawke.

For most people in most situations they are fine.

I had one which got replaced, but I currently have, and use, 4 different Hawke scopes, for the majority of work Hawke are perfectly adequate, and I have no need/plans to replace/upgrade the four I currently use.

If you want to dial in a lot then perhaps you need to invest more, but as regards holding zero then mine are fine.

ATB! :thumbs: