• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robin in my barn workshop  

lapwings nest I found this evening

Posted Images

Would a sparrow hawk be able to take a pigeon ?

Yes, it's one of the females staple diets.

However, I would say that both species could nest very close to one another and things would be ok. The hawk will probably travel a little ways into their 'hunting zone' before starting to hunt. IMO.

Ive been watching a sparrow hawk nest in my garden for a few months now and recently the chicks are out and about :) slso have a wood pigeon nest in garden.

Do yo have any pics ?
no there is a big tree 30 or 40 foot high in garden and there up the top of it. I went about climbing up a bit for a look one day but i got a fright and retreated lol.

Cheers darcy i just presumed the hawk be to small to take pigeon and thats why there is no problems. Learn something new everyday....

100% will take pigeon, I have seen my pigeons leave shed and spar take them in the air,then down in field behind me for its kill,good to see a spar in action but not good for the pigeon :thumbs:

• Like 1

It amazes me how you chaps can look at a nest/eggs and know straight away what birds it is id love to have that sort of knowledge.....blinding thread this really interesting :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4