I used to have one mate. Did a great job for a year ............ then one of the lenses became dislodged. I never dropped it or mishandled it any way. I contacted Hawke and send it back to them as per their instructions. Great customer service I thought. NO! I was told that because it was out of the one year warranty (yes only one year warranty!!), they would not replace it. However, they would give me a few quid of the price of a new one. What a load of crap. The unit was literally 13 months old. I told them to return my unit and shove the offer.

I won't buy another Hawke product. ;)

Edited by Tremo

Interesting most decent companies automatically extend their warranty's to 13 months.

You actually have 6 years warranty under your consumer rights, I think I would have played the not fit for purpose card, bearing in mind the cost of the unit it should function for more than 13 months, even if it broke after 5 years and they could not repair it they would be allowed to take in consideration that you have had 5 years use but you would then get a percentage of the purchase price back or off a new unit.

Being a service Engineer I met and dealt with customers who stuck to their guns and got the service they deserved.

Regardless of the time that has past I would get hold of the MD's E-mail and drop him line, sometimes its not the actual company thats difficult it can be one person who happens to be dealing with it, some of the Engineers I worked with would not give an inch on warranties others, me included, treated people as we would want to be treated and used or discretion, resulting in very happy and dedicated customers for the future.

Drop him an E-mail mate.

Regards

Gary.

Thats the model I bought in the end, figured its very rare you would need to shoot over 1/4 mile, when I can do or if i need to in the future I can always upgrade but at the moment I am really pleased with it, seems very accurate, the only gripe is if they had made the case just 10mm bigger allround it would be so much easier to get in the case.

I suppose everything today is designed with CAD, so as long as it fits in the case on the screen thats it, just wish they would go back to the old days, make a prototype and then play with it for real.

Regards

Gary

Interesting most decent companies automatically extend their warranty's to 13 months.

You actually have 6 years warranty under your consumer rights, I think I would have played the not fit for purpose card, bearing in mind the cost of the unit it should function for more than 13 months, even if it broke after 5 years and they could not repair it they would be allowed to take in consideration that you have had 5 years use but you would then get a percentage of the purchase price back or off a new unit.

Being a service Engineer I met and dealt with customers who stuck to their guns and got the service they deserved.

Regardless of the time that has past I would get hold of the MD's E-mail and drop him line, sometimes its not the actual company thats difficult it can be one person who happens to be dealing with it, some of the Engineers I worked with would not give an inch on warranties others, me included, treated people as we would want to be treated and used or discretion, resulting in very happy and dedicated customers for the future.

Drop him an E-mail mate.

Regards

Gary.

Cheers for the info Gary.

I've sold the unit on mate. The red mist came down ( :censored: ) and it had to go. :yes: . Got myself a Leica now. It is absoluetly superb.

I'm sure that you won't have a problem with yours at all. Enjoy.

ATB

Accuracy difference? No, nothing that I can remember. The Hawke never let me down on that front.

The glass on the Leica is better quality. For the majority of the time I don't even take my binos with me these days. The Leica acts as a good monocular. The Leica also feels more solid. I believe that it is a metal case that is rubberised on the outside. The Leica has an illuminated display, and also calculates your true distance using the angle from you to the target. It is a good bit of kit, but there again it should be for £400+.

Let me know if you need any other info mate.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...