The Biggest Mistake Youv Made When Stalking

whats the biggest mistake youv made when stalking, but ended up all well and good, on friday i decided tae take a run over to a wee bit iv got not far from me, so i loaded up the quad and dug and headed out, but before i got to the place i new there was a coupla bucks i thought id just check the zero, so this done i walked into the wood dug at heal and trying tae be quiet walking over them ferkin beach kernels was like walking over a plate of coco pops, anyway i seen the dog air scentin a bit and had a look through the binos and low and behold a young buck was browsin away in a wet patch about 50yds in front of me and all i could see was a bit of its arse, anyway i got on to a tree stump and waited on it showing more and after 5 or 6 minutes he walked out ...CLICK...forgot to load the feckin rifle, anyway i backed of to the quad and loaded up and walked back over and hes not to be seen :whistling:

i walked a bit further on still crunchin away and just caught his arse again browsing in a dip about 25 yds away in a wet bit again with fallen branches and lumps of bracken hidding him, or most of him, your lucky if he moved 3 or 4 yds in any direction out of that patch ffs ....just over an hour later i manged tae nail him :victory:

Edited by nastybilly

My 3 from a farm / bit of forest on a farm I wanted to have success on.

1. I spent a weekend trimming trees and put up a high seat on my permission. Filmed it for weeks with my trail cam. Picked out a day to go down, walking down, gun over my shoulder to get to my seat and I bump a deer about 20 yards in front of me. Just runs off lol

2. After about hour n half sat in the seat on a different day, a deer emerges into the opening I cleared out. It's about 75 yards away and I move the rifle to line it up and the bugger sees me move n vanishes.

3. Been down this permission now a few times and always see plenty of squirrels but not many deer. So I decide to take my BRNO 22lr I've just acquired. I walk about 200 yards into the woods and climb an embankment and there about 50 yards in front of me is 4 deer. Just stood broadside on.

As you can see I don't have a lot or luck

• Like 4

Biggest mistake was agreeing to carry two decent roe bucks in a sack that Martin shot on a piece of my ground ,roughly mile and a half .Lessen learned never to let bravado take over reason .

Next was the full piruet on a barbed wire fence with rifle and all,again with Martin

Taking a leak from a high seat when a gold medal strolls by .

Head shooting a doe that i jaw shot and ran off over neighbouring land years ago with dog following only to return ,deer lost .

• Like 3

Biggest mistake was agreeing to carry two decent roe bucks in a sack that Martin shot on a piece of my ground ,roughly mile and a half .Lessen learned never to let bravado take over reason .

Next was the full piruet on a barbed wire fence with rifle and all,again with Martin

Head shooting a doe that i jaw shot and ran off over neighbouring land years ago with dog following only to return ,deer lost .

Invite me down n ill gladly carry those Roe for you mate lol

Don't want to shoot just someone to learn off.

Here's one of mine,not stalking but lamping with Dropper and slipped sideways on some mud only to almost knock myself out and break a rib.........

Myphoto20012.jpg

Oh and just so you realise how fecked Dropper was here is the pic of him at the top of the farm......just another 500yds to go mate.............lol

Droppergettinghot.jpg

Dropperonhisback.jpg

And here's the two Bucks....worth all the sweat eh Dropper?

RoeBucks.jpg