New Member Wanting Opinions On Pcp Air Rifles

Hi everyone! I'm hoping you can help me decide which PCP air rifle I should buy? I have done a bit of research and I'm still at a bit of a loss, like most of you I started out with a .22 springer many many years ago and that's all I have had shooting experience with and become pretty proficient with it at close range ie 25 yards hitting 2 pence dangling from a tree and head shots 9 out of 10 times, but I'm looking at buying my first PCP! I'd like to be able to shoot at a longer range and possibly do some target shooting so I think it will be a .177, my initial thought was a BSA ultra se after seeing Si Pittaway and the amazing groups he was getting out of the box, as I'm on a budget to be honest. The worry I have is the shot count and it seems that I would have to spend extra on the rifle to get it to what I'd like it to be. I've also been looking at the scorpion se, air arms 410 among a couple of others! Is there anywhere close ish to me I could try these rifles out before I part with my hard earned? And any help with this decision would be greatly appreciated, many thanks Paul

Edited by Paul Spen
  • Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ditto to Mac`s advice. Paul save up a little longer mate and check out the HW 100 range - they are outstanding.   atb.

Hi everyone! I'm hoping you can help me decide which PCP air rifle I should buy? I have done a bit of research and I'm still at a bit of a loss, like most of you I started out with a .22 springer many

My s410 is a 2003 model yet it has no scratches or signs of screw heads that have been bodged by an amateur gunsmith. Generally the gun should have a good clean well cared for look. I would also insis

Posted Images

The ultra is a cracking rifle BUT you will need a bottle and is no good what so ever for plinking as you have say,d shot count is crap you can get it reg,d but as your on a budget not good there cracking in the field mind

The scorpion is another good rifle better shot count but i would not plink with it as the shot count is still not much better than a ultra once again good in the field

The s410 would be my choice good shot count and good in the field but you will still need to get a bottle for all of them thats the draw back on a pcp

but if i can give you some advice dont buy cheep as you will buy twice and blow your budget out of the water

have a look around for some deals you may get a full package rifle,scope,bypod,bottle bag

by the way whats your budget

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice big Mac! The air arms 410 is at the very very top of my budget and would have to hold fire on buying until I'd saved up some more but as you say better buying once than buying twise as I can't afford to waste money. Heard some horror stories of second hand rifles as well so would prefer to buy new if possible and have the peace of mind!

• Like 1

Have a look on different forums in the for sale section including this one , you might be able to pick up a Regged ultra or scorpion for about £275- £400 .

I picked up a XTX AIR regged Scorpion SE last September for £425 :thumbs:

• Like 2

Paul "The Air Gun Centre" gives you

1. Lifetime guarantee.

2 Next day delivery.

3, Free servicing.

4, Instant credit if required.

WWW. THEAIRGUNCENTRE.COM

I`ve never dealt with these companies but i have not heard anything bad as yet. I`m sure one of the lads will be along soon who has dealt with them and can advise you with this type of option.

atb

• Like 2

Paul if you are on a tight budget look at that Gamo Coyote, its a BSA really and seems to shoot well. Although I think like the other blokes say the S410 is the best route. Or an S400 and add a Rowan magazine when money allows, its all the 400 action which is one of the best there is.

Once you start with PCP theres no going back, the choice is amazing and all are deadly accurate.

I bought an HW100 a few months ago and love it but will never part with my S410, its knocked hundreds of rabbits over in six years and never fails me.

Shot count on an unregulated S410 around 85 in .22 and 65 in .17. Both effective out to 40 yards and .17 to 50 or so ( thats carbine )

Good luck though and enjoy whatever you choose.

• Like 1

Paul "The Air Gun Centre" gives you

1. Lifetime guarantee.

2 Next day delivery.

3, Free servicing.

4, Instant credit if required.

WWW. THEAIRGUNCENTRE.COM

I`ve never dealt with these companies but i have not heard anything bad as yet. I`m sure one of the lads will be along soon who has dealt with them and can advise you with this type of option.

atb

Got my HW100 from them, first rate service. Test certificate and they pay the RFD fee for you. Nice bunch to deal with.

• Like 2