Cheek Brused After A Days Shooting (Shotgun)

Had a day shooting yesterday which have left me with a sore cheek, i felt the first shot hit hard, is that all it takes is one bad gun placment ?

Daz

It will be gun fit or mount, possibly both.

I suffered with it a lot many years ago with one particular shotgun, just couldn't get it right so it had to go!

• Like 1

I suffer with it and for me it's a gun mount issue. I've got girly f***ing cheek bones and if I don't drop my cheek onto the stock (lower my head down rather than bring it across) to get a bit of 'cheek cushioning' I'll get a swelling just beneath the cheek bone after around 40-50 shots. The soreness will remain for about a week.

It's snap shooting that does it for me as the gun mount tends to be a little sloppy. Also a lot of over head targets. So roost shooting can beat me up a bit. :icon_redface:

I tend to use my auto for that reason.

• Like 1

When at the shop there were lots of folks that came with this issue - it is for sure the fact that the gun does not fit you (the easiest way that will cost you only few pounds would be to change the recoil pad with a thicker or thinner one - as you feel it fits you) and adjust the tilt of the stock using the "washers" that came with your gun (option usually available on the new generation semiautomatics). On top of this do not hold the gun too tight - let it fit itself when shooting.

All the best mate,

Bogdan