Mayweather Vs Pacquiao

Blimey is there a boxing book you havent read :D ......i spent a lot of time in the Becket and remember a few folk suddenly asking me that question a few years back so i asked Dean Powell who im sure you have heard of......Dean was to the Becket what Alex Ferguson was to Man Utd he knew the whole building inside out he even lived there in his early years sleeping in a big old armchair every night.......he didnt know anything about that Teddy Atlas story he wasnt even aware Atlas had ever been in the gym though said obviously he could of been in the pub.......i know a lot of the Yanks dont like Atlas and think he,s a drama queen and story teller......i dont know the man so couldnt say but i like listening to him analyse a fight i think for a man who didnt box himself he has good reading of a fight.......i dont think he was a fighter himself anyway though i might be wrong.

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 13 year old son is a boxer and got an invite to the Wildcard whilst in the USA and Freddie Roach made him welcome and made a fuss of him. When he was wrapping my sons hands he was wanted to do a ra

Mayweather done Nothink but run away that's not boxin shit fight

I dont understand why people find it so boring. I could watch a 20 round fight like that as i can appreciate what it takes to pull it off. Class act and a brilliant performance imo.

Guest Navek

Hope pacman wins I saw a interview with mayweather and he said white men invented mms because they can't box only black and Latina men can the mans a idiot

Imagine the outcry in the US and worldwide if a white bloke came out and said something like that about black men?
if they were white they'd be flipping burgers at Mac donnalds by now
Guest Navek

Manny for me but like others have said think it's acouple years to late.....plus may weather seems like it's all about the MONEY....just an arrogant Cnut

I wouldn't say that to his face tho hahaha

Edited by Navek

Blimey is there a boxing book you havent read :D ......i spent a lot of time in the Becket and remember a few folk suddenly asking me that question a few years back so i asked Dean Powell who im sure you have heard of......Dean was to the Becket what Alex Ferguson was to Man Utd he knew the whole building inside out he even lived there in his early years sleeping in a big old armchair every night.......he didnt know anything about that Teddy Atlas story he wasnt even aware Atlas had ever been in the gym though said obviously he could of been in the pub.......i know a lot of the Yanks dont like Atlas and think he,s a drama queen and story teller......i dont know the man so couldnt say but i like listening to him analyse a fight i think for a man who didnt box himself he has good reading of a fight.......i dont think he was a fighter himself anyway though i might be wrong.

He did box..thats how come he ended up with Cus d'amato...career cut short due to back injury...Micky Duff was involved with d' Amato thats how he ended up training at the becket for 3 weeks before Reid fought (and lost) in Germany back in 88...like you i wondered if it was true...have heard hes a bit of a story teller...drama queen?! just a bit! you wouldnt want to go for a drink with the bloke someone would be bound to kick him off!....but interested in what he has to say...all that boxing psychology and pilosophy hes famous for comes straight from Cus...how many times do you hear him say..."you never truly know someone til they have been tested" Cus was always saying that...but how true a saying is that!...

is there a boxing book i havent read :hmm:... Baloney from peckham to vegas...i gave that one a swerve

• Like 1

GGG walks around at about 170lb i think fights at 160lb i seen a interview online mayweather is a 140lb fighter i dont think it will happen as GGG only wants to go up in weight not down hes a slick fighter no doubt about it ..but if he come up against mayweather in the next cuple of years i think he whuld lose his zero like all the other bigger power punchers mayweather has fought he whuld get his head pot shotted off and tied up for 12 rounds .. i cant see pacman beating him either altho i think he dose have a shot at catching mayweather out with his speed power and arkward angles he comes in at for me the only person who has the right tools to beat mayweather is are very own amir kahn can he do it? ... i dont think so he gets drawn in to fight easy but maybe virgil hunter can fix this intime before mayweather calls it a day i think styles make fights and mayweather will beat pacman pacman whuld knock out kahn but kahn has the tools to beat mayweather

• Like 2

Golovkin said last year that he was only interested in moving up in weight...when a match with Mayweather was mentioned...but just maybe if the money was right there could possible be a fight made at catchweight...dont think it would be a match Mayweather would fancy...think his aim is the perfect 50-0...as for Khan...he simply isnt a big enough draw for Mayweather...look at how many he fought in front of last time out in the states...what i can not understand is why Khan(30-3)...didnt want to fight Brook 33-0 and IBF champ at wembely...the arrogance of the man...what else has he got going on...thats going to earn him that sort of payday?

A Few Mates Heading To Vegas On A Stag & Take in The Fight . . The Build Up / Atmosphere Will Be Electric & Hopefully The Fight Will Live Up To Expectations !!

There are venues close by that have been put into place because the real fans cannot afford the tickets. So should be a good stag night withn the real fight fans.

Simple Mayweather hasnt taken this fight to get beat :thumbs:

Manny has no distraction with politics and this has shown in his last fights.

People say this fight should of been 5 years ago. 5 years ago mayweather would of won easily. Imo this fight is more on a level field now which makes it a better fight than 5 years ago.

Shame mayweather past his best though. Last couple of fights manny been impressive where as mayweather's aint. Wouldn't put my house either of them, if it was win or lose. Mayweather is the bigger man come fight night so I think he may edge it.

:blink:

He did box..thats how come he ended up with Cus d'amato...career cut short due to back injury...Micky Duff was involved with d' Amato thats how he ended up training at the becket for 3 weeks before Reid fought (and lost) in Germany back in 88...like you i wondered if it was true...have heard hes a bit of a story teller...drama queen?! just a bit! you wouldnt want to go for a drink with the bloke someone would be bound to kick him off!....but interested in what he has to say...all that boxing psychology and pilosophy hes famous for comes straight from Cus...how many times do you hear him say..."you never truly know someone til they have been tested" Cus was always saying that...but how true a saying is that!...

is there a boxing book i havent read :hmm:... Baloney from peckham to vegas...i gave that one a swerve

I cant see why Duff would need to lie about it but Dean was one of the most honest chaps in the game and Duff.......well....he wasnt :D ....but who cares anyway.....he,s certainly made some strange statements though Atlas i know he got in a bit of a pickle when between rounds he asked Michael Moorer if he wanted him ( Atlas ) to go out and fight instead :blink: not exactly inspiring !.....I do think a lot of that D amato wisdom rubbed off on folk around him i always thought Kevin Rooney was an interesting guy to listen to also.

GGG walks around at about 170lb i think fights at 160lb i seen a interview online mayweather is a 140lb fighter i dont think it will happen as GGG only wants to go up in weight not down hes a slick fighter no doubt about it ..but if he come up against mayweather in the next cuple of years i think he whuld lose his zero like all the other bigger power punchers mayweather has fought he whuld get his head pot shotted off and tied up for 12 rounds .. i cant see pacman beating him either altho i think he dose have a shot at catching mayweather out with his speed power and arkward angles he comes in at for me the only person who has the right tools to beat mayweather is are very own amir kahn can he do it? ... i dont think so he gets drawn in to fight easy but maybe virgil hunter can fix this intime before mayweather calls it a day i think styles make fights and mayweather will beat pacman pacman whuld knock out kahn but kahn has the tools to beat mayweather

Ive always thought Khan could give Mayweather problems mainly due to the handspeed.......but i think its foot speed that will hurt Mayweather most and from what ive seen of Golovkin his footspeed although not amazingly quick is so intelligent,he just seems to glide into range effortlessly ive not seen footwork like Golovkins before its so unusual....i think he has all the tools,as well as natural size of course to beat Mayweather.

I think Pacquiao will give Mayweather problems,again with footwork......Pacquiao has an incredible ability to let hard accurate punches go while on the move,its not an easy thing to do but he has the timing and ability to do it and doesnt need his feet planted to let hard shots off.......but i still think mayweather will have him worked out inside 6 rounds.

• Like 1

Mayweather closing in on fifty fights he wants too remain unbeaten and get richer and who could blame him great fighter I don't think he ever face Khan he just don't fancy it IMHO it's a dangerous fight for him just as much as for Khan who I honest think has become better for loosing and being exposed but he has come back and I would like too see him fight mayweather think he got the power range of shot n movement too make a great fight of it

Manny I would love too see win this fight real grit manny got it in bagfuls floyd has too and is a truly great fighter like him or not but he looking two paydays ahead and IMHO that show he looking past manny already think that be his undoing manny already knows defeat and how it tastes he bin there n he back again can't wait for this fight he only has that too concentrate on can't wait hope it's a classic

Edited by arcticgun

I would like to see Pacman win but I just can't see it,Mayweathers just to big and always seems more comfortable fighting pressure fighters, also Mayweather is the no 1 money maker in Boxing/Sport and shouldn't be " favoured" but he will be.Bayliss also favours Mayweather,sure he was ref in one of the Maidana fights and was breaking them up rather than letting them fight in the inside ?

Edited by MickC