As above, I am looking for a brand new scope, upto £300 ish, I am looking at a mtc viper and the mtc taipan, but the hawke sidewinder looks ok as well, opinions please ? Or anything else I should be looking at

Had it done last Tuesday , its quite sore :whistling: ....wont be doing to much for the next few weeks that's for sure .Bored to tears , I replied to your post at 4am after my knee didn't want to go to sleep ..

Had it done last Tuesday , its quite sore :whistling: ....wont be doing to much for the next few weeks that's for sure .Bored to tears , I replied to your post at 4am after my knee didn't want to go to sleep ..

Sounds like its gonna put you out of action for a while mate, I did notice the time you posted and wondered if you was out for a stalk or just restless ! I hate been laid up so I know the bored feeling, well hope it gets itself sorted quick, back on the deer before you know it, I will try and drop in soon when I next go down to the boat.

Never owned MTC but heard they can be fussy to look through. best bet is go in to your local shop and look through a few in your price range. Not all scopes suit all eyes.

I like Hawke, they suit me just fine, got a Bushnell as well but a little fussy to line up with eye sight.

The taipan is quite heavy, I have one already and it really does suit my eye, however I am not sure i need all the bells and whistles for this scope, hence looking at other options.

Edited by Rabid
  • 2 weeks later...

I quite like the Simmons WTC.

You will get one with lots of change from that budget.

I have a 3.5-10x50 that used to be on a .22-250 (swapped it for a night force) and it did a sterling job for years!

Have kept it to put on my .22 if i can figure out how to get it mounted without fouling on the rear open sight (i can feel an angle grinder coming on!)

Other than that the Hawkes seem pretty good

Scopes are a personal thing what one likes the others hate i had 3-9 50 lit ret paralex adjust very good scope for price my mates all had s+b etc but when they dropped their rifles they would cry its true you pay for what you get but me i would rather brake a £300 scope that dose the job as well as a £3,000 one in the field rifles get bashed.

• 2 weeks later...

As above, scope, reticles, magnification, objective size, etc., etc., is way to personal.

Get what suits you.

Personally I would say be careful of scope weight on a air rifle, other than that its down to you.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...