Dogs Can Get You In The Shit ........

I took the pup for a walk today to do a bit of training and have a bit of one on one ... I hadn't gone more than 50 meters from my front door when a group of four roe broke from the edge of a wood and headed across a 5 acre field and this set the standard of the day ... In the 2 hours we were out I seen over a dozen roe 4 muntjack 7 leverets as many adult hares 3 fallow and countless squirells and rabbits ... Apart from the squirells and rabbits I couldn't help but think this walk would have turned into a nightmare if I had the adult dogs with me instead of a pup ... I know most of you are thinking fukc me where do you live give me your address I will walk my dogs there ... But all the land around here is heavily keepered to the point that sometimes it feels there are more keepers than birds and every one of them is waiting to catch you so they can get you done if your dogs accidentally grab something they shouldn't ... Sometimes it's nice to have barren land to walk over so your not constantly waiting for the inevitable ..........

• Like 13

do many lads get pulled there ken, or is it a place where they just don't bother with .? suppose you have to look what you might catch there if good bag deer rabbits hares, to take the risks , as if you going to get done at least get done for good bag lol .

I feel for you Socks, and I'm not being sarcastic either. Even exercising dogs is a nightmare round here, though where I walk isn't keepered or coppered: just twitchers, ramblers, public 24/7: I even bump into people walking antisocial dogs in the middle of the night. Time to move I think!

• Like 3

Loads of roe deer where I live no keepers just nosey dog walkers with phones,that think it's funny when there dogs run the deer but where your lurcher runs em your getting the police phoned on you and called all sorts

That's a hell of a lot of game to be bumping into!

The keepers and the like around you should be thankful someone such as yourself uses/lives in the area. I dread to think what percentage of running dog owners would just go for them.

Fair one chap.

Edited by Mr Goodcat

muntys, allways when your just takeing the dogs for a quick walk,on a weekend when theres loads of dogooders about,the dogs will find one,so I try and go where there are no people about and that's hard where I live or keep the dogs on a lead and I'm not doin that

I feel for you Socks, and I'm not being sarcastic either. Even exercising dogs is a nightmare round here, though where I walk isn't keepered or coppered: just twitchers, ramblers, public 24/7: I even bump into people walking antisocial dogs in the middle of the night. Time to move I think!

I'm with you on that. I'm right on the beach but rarely walk my dogs there. One rule is to keep dogs on leads at all time. I do this rather there's folk there or not. The few times I was down I had yappy dogs run after me and these two dogs here could just pull me off my feet to get at something if they wanted to jerry lee especially big shit. MoChara would have a munch on a dog if it run up on him snapping so real bad predicament for me down there. Even though I've mine on a lead some stupid folk let there's run a muck but if there dog got a nip it's my fault.

Can't win!

• Like 1