If you are stalking deer and you don't have access to a dog, a PROPER DEER DOG no matter what shot you take you are the worst kind of arsehole.

Well that makes me the worst kind of arsehole. LOL

f**k you...

And the OP asked wondered why the previous post was removed.

This is the trouble and i said in my post that was removed this should be treated like a pub, now if john is in the pub and he is an @rsehole you dont talk to him. if john shoots and constantly misses and makes a mess there are things you can do. If Bob is in the pub and tells a story of how he did this or that then surely in chat you would say well if you did this or that you may find the outcome is better.

If you saw a guy in the pub and i stigmatize here, covered in tattoos, shaven head, known poacher, lives in a caravan,with bull terrier type known as a dog fighter, just come out of nick for ABH, your not gonna walk up to him and say go get a life and leave my rabbits alone you pky Cnut. (well most wouldnt)

so on here there is no need for swearing, calling names etc like a bunch of children.

About 3 months ago i had an issue and wanted advice and it involved the police, well the names i was called because of it, why? because i wanted to keep on the right side of the law, those on here who seem to flout the law were the worst and when i looked at some of their posts where they agreed with poaching etc i can see why they didnt like the fact i wanted to involve the police.

But this is a deer stalking forum and genuine comments are always welcome as is advice but if you have nothing nice to say its simple. whether you agree with head shots or not the topic is irrelevant, advice yes, abuse no.

You may want to say i dont agree with X because... or i did it once and X happened great those on here with a longer tooth and less hair should use some of that knowledge to help those who are not so knowledgeable, its the best way to learn.

And if he hadnt made such a sweeping statement, quite explicitly calling the likes of me an arsehole, I would have responded in an equally civilised manner.

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ohh make no mistake the bds will be at the forefront of a move to compulsory access to a trained dog the simple reason being they will know they can make money from certifying the dogs/handlers as com

Well that makes me the worst kind of arsehole. LOL   f**k you...

I have & do head shoot , close range only , 60 /70 m & only of a bipod .Shooting paper at distance has no relavence to shooting deer at distance other than to confirm zero ..

Posted Images

I'm in bits mate really, please don't call me a name again, I can't manage it. That and the arrogance is too much.

Haha.

I don't care if you think I am arrogant. I don't care if you think I am a c**t. I hope you dont care that i called you an arsehole I have my opinion and you have yours.

I don't understand why people let themselves get offended so easily. Its the internet ffs.

Good luck to you and anyone else.

• Like 1

It is a bone of contention and the arguments gone on for years,I have a deer dog, I had two till one had to be put down,and to be honest I think I followed up maybe two or three times,once was a guy who tried to take a neck shot while sat in a high seat, and the other couple of times were road casualties, I also have two other dogs funny enough both will follow deer blood,but its not there main stay, in fact the Teckle I use has been utilized on other stuff, as its not fair to have a dog and not give it regular use,I run scents for her every year,and she never lets me down, so whats a proper deer dog look like I don't know, I believe if the home work is done as regards marksmanship, right caliber,and shot placement there should be no need for a dog, most people who have spent time around deer will be to follow a blood trail anyway,all this you must have a proper deer dog is us, imposing European rules on our selves,or people looking for a niche to call them selves expert at, we don't have the vast tracks of forest they have in Europe, we take considered shots at an assessed target,not re-active shots to a flushed target, or stupid shots at long targets, its all crap to me.

• Like 4

It's impossible to expect everyone to have a deer dog, just couldn't be done. I do have a thermal spotter which is very handy, never had to chase a wounded deer with it though.

I would however expect everyone to take the safest shot available with regard to a quick clean kill. You owe it to the quarry to make it as painless and stress free as possible.

• Like 4

It is a bone of contention and the arguments gone on for years,I have a deer dog, I had two till one had to be put down,and to be honest I think I followed up maybe two or three times,once was a guy who tried to take a neck shot while sat in a high seat, and the other couple of times were road casualties, I also have two other dogs funny enough both will follow deer blood,but its not there main stay, in fact the Teckle I use has been utilized on other stuff, as its not fair to have a dog and not give it regular use,I run scents for her every year,and she never lets me down, so whats a proper deer dog look like I don't know, I believe if the home work is done as regards marksmanship, right caliber,and shot placement there should be no need for a dog, most people who have spent time around deer will be to follow a blood trail anyway,all this you must have a proper deer dog is us, imposing European rules on our selves,or people looking for a niche to call them selves expert at, we don't have the vast tracks of forest they have in Europe, we take considered shots at an assessed target,not re-active shots to a flushed target, or stupid shots at long targets, its all crap to me.

here here!

I reckon a lot of this head shooting is driven by game dealers, who insist on unmarked carcasses for the 'going' rate.

Body shot deer are frowned upon and prices adjusted accordingly.

Money talks, and people take risks.

Show an element of self control. Head shots aren't out, just be sure you can do it easily.

If you show self control, and you are a half reasonable shot, no deer dogs will be required.

It's impossible to expect everyone to have a deer dog, just couldn't be done. I do have a thermal spotter which is very handy, never had to chase a wounded deer with it though.

I would however expect everyone to take the safest shot available with regard to a quick clean kill. You owe it to the quarry to make it as painless and stress free as possible.

I understand that not everyone can own a deer dog. I put that in my original reply, but if you go stalking you should absolutely have access to a proper deer dog. Its not hard. That's why I mentioned the UKSHA, I can't believe there aren't any members on here. There is also another similar organisation that does the same job...

Tracking wounded deer, usually free of charge.

I understand that not everyone can own a deer dog. I put that in my original reply, but if you go stalking you should absolutely have access to a proper deer dog. Its not hard. That's why I mentioned the UKSHA, I can't believe there aren't any members on here. There is also another similar organisation that does the same job...

Tracking wounded deer, usually free of charge.

So tell me what's a proper deer dog then??? Who decides what a proper deer dog is? Who decides the standard that identifies a proper deer dog, and you say it's usually free how long for ??? Till the forestry commission make them compulsory, due to the insistence of a minority opinion,we are complicating things for people, with no real need, it's not like America or Europe with a lot larger pray species, and a large proportion of bow hunters,

What have the Forestry Commission got to do with anything?

A deer dog.

A dog that is dedicated for following up wounded deer, its not rocket science. It should be able to at least track hot foot scent of wounded deer.

Like I said in my original post, not a bird or rabbit dog that just has a good nose, this could find dead deer I am sure but not trail wounded deer.

It's not complicating anything for anybody ffs the UKSHA is an organisation of deer dog handlers who will, if phoned use their dogs to help you find your injured deer. They are voluteers. They don't charge and they have nothing to do with the Forestry Commission, (why would they?)

And they aren't the only ones that do it either.

Okay. The other organisation is the UKDTR

Www.ukdeertrackandrecovery.co.uk

The UKSHA is at.

Www.uksha.co.uk

See for yourself.

Edited by Hydropotesinermis