Sign in to follow this  
mad4it

Range Finder

hi has any one paced out something to see how far it is than checked it with there range finder is there any discrepences

the reason i ask is there a field that i estimated to be about 300 yards i paced it out to be 161 but the range finder says it 180 i know everyone different but i didnt think i was that much out

I have measured out 30 yards with a tape and mine read 31 yards , my mates measured 32 yards, so a bit hit and miss

your always going to get a slight error where digi readouts in full numbers are given as it has to round up or down at some point.

• Like 1

I have a 100yds measured with a tape measure and a mates range finder got it at 103 yds pretty close think it was a Hawke

If I had to rely on pacing then I would hit absolutely nothing. Mind you, that's not much less than I hit anyway! :whistling:

Stick with a rangefinder. I would be lost without mine.

I'm not a fan, but got one bought for me, the Nikon Prostaff 7i. Its accurate to within 0.5yds under 600yds and 1.0yd between 600 - 1300yds. I've played with it in the garden and compared to tape - its spot on and more accurate as it calculates true distance. It can tell the difference between the presence of two bales of straw stood together (with the 2nd one being closer), versus 1 bale of straw, for example (a thickness of a bale) at 30 - 45yds.

Highly accurate, but then this was an expensive one (£300 ish).