Refund?

I'm with lab and grant what does it matter the breedings there and you obilouisly liked it to pick it as a pup ? And when it's retrieving its mouth won't be shut so it won't matter if it's over or undershot

Or are you one of the ive spent £750 on a dog it's got a crooked ear the breeder should exchange it in case somebody see it's no perfect ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh dear never mind if it turns out to be a great worker eh but you might never be able to have puppies. Money, money money.

I would think the chance of a refund would be less than zero. YOU "gave her a good overall" so it was you that picked the pup. Living,breathing animals are not manufactured.

with livestock you pays your money and takes your chance.always been that way in these parts.

No I'm not one of those the one, I bought this pup because I have repeatedly tried to get a litter of pups from my gsp bitch with no luck, I've had her to the vets, blood tested for time of mating on several occasions and had courses of hormone injections.....etc, still no pups. That's why I bought this dog so I can replace both my old bitch and this pup when the time comes. I couldn't care a toss how good she is because at the end of the day I will not breed from any dog with any imperfection, maybe if there was more people with the same attitude there wouldn't be so much shit about! W.foxhound, hope this answers your question. All I'm saying is the price I paid I would like to think the dog should be sound in the mouth!

• 4 months later...

No I'm not one of those the one, I bought this pup because I have repeatedly tried to get a litter of pups from my gsp bitch with no luck, I've had her to the vets, blood tested for time of mating on several occasions and had courses of hormone injections.....etc, still no pups. That's why I bought this dog so I can replace both my old bitch and this pup when the time comes. I couldn't care a toss how good she is because at the end of the day I will not breed from any dog with any imperfection, maybe if there was more people with the same attitude there wouldn't be so much shit about! W.foxhound, hope this answers your question. All I'm saying is the price I paid I would like to think the dog should be sound in the mouth!

Hardly an imperfection when talking working dogs.

Have you ever thought about moving to the showing side of dogs?.

As an aside, as you have just found out two dogs with perfect mouths can and do throw imperfect mouths (your words).

Just as the bitch pup you have could throw a litter of twelve with perfect mouths.

If you did have twelve pups from your old bitch with undershot mouths, what would you do with them?.

hi ive seen this in quite a few large breeds there that fast growing the top half of the head can and does grow quicker then the bottom jaw which in most cases will straigten up i would deffo not worry yet

That refers to overshot, not undershot. I've seen this in a lot of lurchers. Once they start teething at around 4 1/2 months of age they can look very overshot, which is when the top jaw is longer than the bottom jaw. So which is it with your pup? Over or undershot? I had one lurcher that was so bad at 16 weeks of age that the person who had bought her came back to me to complain. I told her to wait until the pup was a year old before deciding whether or not the dog was overshot. She ended up with a perfect scissor bite.

• Like 1

You can normally tell if the fault stays there mate by the time they are 8mths old,if it's not right bu then it probably won't come right.it could be in the breeding as just because the parents have good mouths it will skip a generation and ended up into your pup but by the sounds of it it's not in the breeding as when you checked the pup you did check its mouth didn't you.if not I'm sorry but you should of then mate and as you know you shouldn't breed off a bad mouthed dogs as it would put the fault into your litter.hope everything comes your way mate atb

• 3 weeks later...

hi ive seen this in quite a few large breeds there that fast growing the top half of the head can and does grow quicker then the bottom jaw which in most cases will straigten up i would deffo not worry yet

That refers to overshot, not undershot. I've seen this in a lot of lurchers. Once they start teething at around 4 1/2 months of age they can look very overshot, which is when the top jaw is longer than the bottom jaw. So which is it with your pup? Over or undershot? I had one lurcher that was so bad at 16 weeks of age that the person who had bought her came back to me to complain. I told her to wait until the pup was a year old before deciding whether or not the dog was overshot. She ended up with a perfect scissor bite.

I'm tipping the bitch is perfectly normal, and the price is driving the thinking.