Pair Of Stoats On A Mouse

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my latest mount pair of stoats hunting down a field mouse thought i would share some pics with you fellas cheers R

Breathtaking, without a doubt IMO the best work you have ever done. And that takes Some doing seeing your other pieces.   TC

Excellent AGAIN Rob , Bell There's A Difference Between Critisism , 1 Can Be Constructive The Other Can Be Insulting , I Think Your Coming Across Wrong & Your Trying To Be Constructive ?? Your Fri

Posted Images

Neil, I've kept my mouth shut plenty of times my friend.

Bell. I take it your a taxidermist as well , do you post your work on here ?

No mate im not. Ive a mate who is a guild member so i get to see a lot of top notch work. i know that Rob is an amateur and as ive already stated i like some of the stuff he has done, other bits i dont. its all about opinions and if all he wants to hear is "thats the best bit of taxidermy i have ever seen" then fine...........but if he takes the hump with others giving negative feed back then he shouldnt put his pics up :thumbs:

No mate im not. Ive a mate who is a guild member so i get to see a lot of top notch work. i know that Rob is an amateur and as ive already stated i like some of the stuff he has done, other bits i dont. its all about opinions and if all he wants to hear is "thats the best bit of taxidermy i have ever seen" then fine...........but if he takes the hump with others giving negative feed back then he shouldnt put his pics up :thumbs:

Bell let's see some of your guild friends work get some pictures up ....im a cabinet maker I've worked with so called guild members most were not even average it means nothing in real life ....I like the piece rob it's very fluid full of action well done.

• Like 1

Bell let's see some of your guild friends work get some pictures up ....im a cabinet maker I've worked with so called guild members most were not even average it means nothing in real life ....I like the piece rob it's very fluid full of action well done.

Kanny, he's the top bird taxidermist in the country. You've worked with guild members so you will know who he is. Have a look at his website if you want to see some pics.

Bell

Eh? So because I've worked with members of the guild of master craftsman in cabinet making I should know who your taxidermy friend is? Not sure how that one works...put a link up to his website bell please ..my intention is not to criticise im just curious as to how fantastic taxidermy can be at professional guild level.

Atb

kanny

Eh? So because I've worked with members of the guild of master craftsman in cabinet making I should know who your taxidermy friend is? Not sure how that one works...put a link up to his website bell please ..my intention is not to criticise im just curious as to how fantastic taxidermy can be at professional guild level.

Atb

kanny

Apologies kanny, I thought you were referring to guild of taxidermist ! Had this vision of you making cases to put mounted pieces in !

Bell

Driving out of London sometimes i stop in at a shop called Get Stuffed in Islington ive been having a nose in there for years as its been there forever but have never really been tempted to buy anything.....i dont think anything in there is a patch on the stuff Rob58 does.......taxidermy wouldnt suit my home but im tempted to buy a piece off Rob purely to see if its as good in the flesh as it is in pictures :D

• Like 1

Driving out of London sometimes i stop in at a shop called Get Stuffed in Islington ive been having a nose in there for years as its been there forever but have never really been tempted to buy anything.....i dont think anything in there is a patch on the stuff Rob58 does.......taxidermy wouldnt suit my home but im tempted to buy a piece off Rob purely to see if its as good in the flesh as it is in pictures :D

Gnash , I do have some of Robs work & it really is as good , sorry, better than the pictures , the running fox graces the table of a shoot lodge , peoples reaction to it is something else .While Rob holds his hands up to only being an amateur his work as most people can see is far from it ..no one gets every thing exactly right but given the type of work he's doing , which I personally find a million times better than the old stuffed animal taxidermy , he's not far of the mark ..

• Like 2

Get it bought gnash and if you find it doesn't suite anywhere in your house then donate it to this years fishing competition to be auctioned off ... All money going to a cracking cause again this year .......

• Like 1

Gnash , I do have some of Robs work & it really is as good , sorry, better than the pictures , the running fox graces the table of a shoot lodge , peoples reaction to it is something else .While Rob holds his hands up to only being an amateur his work as most people can see is far from it ..no one gets every thing exactly right but given the type of work he's doing , which I personally find a million times better than the old stuffed animal taxidermy , he's not far of the mark ..

It just bewilders me how something thats well and truly dead can look so full of life !......if Robs only an amateur then let me be an amateur at everything i do !..

Get it bought gnash and if you find it doesn't suite anywhere in your house then donate it to this years fishing competition to be auctioned off ... All money going to a cracking cause again this year .......

Not a bad idea that :thumbs: .....ive a sneaky feeling though if i buy one thing i,d have to buy another........and who knows where that can end :D

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

It just bewilders me how something thats well and truly dead can look so full of life !......if Robs only an amateur then let me be an amateur at everything i do !..

Not a bad idea that :thumbs: .....ive a sneaky feeling though if i buy one thing i,d have to buy another........and who knows where that can end :D

Well you only live once ........

• Like 2

Doesn't look that life like to me, the front stoats legs look wrong and the mouse looks like it's running like a greyhound ! Just my opinion mate and not having a go for sake of it.

If I was the size of that mouse and those two f*ckers were chasing me I would be running like a greyhound as well ffs, what you expect the mouse to do? Stand there with its fists up? Instead of comparing the man's work to others, try applauding him for his own :thumbs:

• Like 1