Well I am very happy with one of these which I bought in September 2013.

I also bought an extra set of additional, higher capacity batteries here last Christmas. Can't really go wrong at £11 for the torch and £6 for extra batteries.

I had to repair it once, but that was my fault - I caught it on something and ripped out the wires.

One thing to note though, on the tightest zoom setting the beam is a rectangle, not a circle, but I don't find that a problem at the range you may need it.

If the batteries and charger are the same as mine it should be absolutely fine. However a friend of mine was charging his batteries on a different light he had bought from eBay (item location China!) and the batteries exploded. It was at work on his desk and it was quite serious. I actually sat next to him, but we were both away from our desks when it went off, or there would have been injuries.

To be sure, I would monitor the charging the first few times - but as I said, mine are fine and I charge these batteries in our front room without any problem at all. They barely get warm in fact.

Arrived and seems a pretty good bit of kit, bloody bright!

I just can't see why they use those daft batteries, they never seem to last very long before being knackered and not working! Would much rather them use a standard battery.

Otherwise very pleased so far!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Love my petzl tikka plus 2 loads of battery life, waterproof good comfy fit lightweight full brightness and dim settings plus a red light option (great if you need a bit of light but don't want to alert every living thing in a 5 mile radius!) cost me £30 had it 5 years now use it regularly and still like new, but being LED it doesn't throw the brightest light but more than enough for anything I've come across.

Got a silverpoint search as well. No where near as bright as the ebay one (as recommended by Lid) but the 2 AA batteries have lasted for 3 full charges of the ebay rechargeable ones so far and still going .

Might have to invest on some of the uprated batteries but i have found that this battery type does seem to be quite temperamental, we have a set that has only been charged 3 times and have totally died!!

Anyway, both are good but overall if i was doing it again i would go with the 'silverlight search' might have been £20 but overall a better buy (albeit not as bright or focusable beam)

• 1 month later...