The Best Coursing Blood In The Country

Just a quick one :laugh: What is in your opinion the best coursing blood in the country and what line or dogs to look out for when litters are advertised or if you get the nod on a litter.

I don't subscribe to the what type of land you running on a good dog can catch its chosen on any, thoughts and opinions please.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bred down of english plodder stuff to fast up n at them irish stuff.

This dog is probably the best stud in the country and is standing to any bitch for 4 tins of Carlsberg

Romeo pup today..  

Posted Images

Just a quick one :laugh: What is in your opinion the best coursing blood in the country and what line or dogs to look out for when litters are advertised or if you get the nod on a litter.

I don't subscribe to the what type of land you running on a good dog can catch its chosen on any, thoughts and opinions please.

My tuppence worth,all the decent coursing bred stock that is thieved ends up where?is then bred from? then as a dubious pedigree? then is the source of many of the top bred pups available?.

Yes its true that the best to the best aint going to get you a topper but it gives you a fighting chance, repeat matings were the majority of pups turned out well is maybe a option.

Ill look up the romeo dog sure it will be mentioned on here thanks.

• Like 2

The best coursing blood are the ones that most will never get the chance to use. Most of the public stud dogs from the named dogs cover a fare few bitches and seem to throw a big percentage that dont make the grade. All you can do is know your bitch know her pluses and her faults and then find a stud that might rectify the faults in the bitch or lessen them at least, other than that it is pot luck but you can even the scale a little by doing your homework, One major point to remember is one size doesnt fit all.

• Like 6

Yes its true that the best to the best aint going to get you a topper but it gives you a fighting chance, repeat matings were the majority of pups turned out well is maybe a option.

Ill look up the romeo dog sure it will be mentioned on here thanks.

you had a well bred dog phil what happened to him?

I wish I had that dog from a pup he was well bred like you say but would try the patience of a saint at times, I run him alot and he could run a real nice stamp of a dog and very game for his breeding, I was only asking after him last week and some days hes turbo tommy somedays hes tommy the tit but his new owner likes him from what ive heard and hes at a good home.