Poaching D$$$Heads

I lost a real good permission last year coz of illegal coursers running the land in 4x4 police involved now any time any one on that land old bill is straight there gutted realy farmers wife used to ask you to course her her dinner lovely old girl o well sign of the times I'm afraid

that one thing I never really understood loosing ground like that, because if you get on with the land owner and you bell them before you go on , they know its you on there that day or night.? so to punish you like that, don't fit with me . I lost ground like that, as other farmers had complained to my farmer about the lamp, (but) I don't think he wanted the ear ache of them. now a (true) farmer one of my mates know , lets him on his ground and got 1000' acres , if other farmers moan to this farmer , he tells them there controlling foxes+ rabbits for day+ night, and he (will) have them on his ground and as long as they bell him no prob :yes: . I think today most land owners don't want running dogs on there ground in the 1st place, so just need a excuse to say no to you , pity there not many true farmers like my mate as got .

Even some of the farmers I work for are not so keen on lurchers even thought they have seen my dog and no he's 99.9% stock broken (don't like to say 100% there's always that chance they can have moment of madness) but with a bit of gentle persuasion and a couple of freebies hear and there they change there mind. And keep in good with the people who live round the ground I hunt because if they start complaining it can put the farmers off because they don't want the hassle you can't keep everyone happy but it pays to try and be friendly.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you have never been out and seen a decent bull xs 90 per cent plenty get used without a motor and whats makes you think its only bullxs used from a bus another ill informed comment

First time iv ever heard of someone losing permission they never even had,just go somewhere else where you not got any lol

There is a world of difference between catching a couple of rabbits on someone's land and leaving the place as if you were never there, and breaking down fences and driving all over someone's land the

Posted Images

I lost a real good permission last year coz of illegal coursers running the land in 4x4 police involved now any time any one on that land old bill is straight there gutted realy farmers wife used to ask you to course her her dinner lovely old girl o well sign of the times I'm afraid

that one thing I never really understood loosing ground like that, because if you get on with the land owner and you bell them before you go on , they know its you on there that day or night.? so to punish you like that, don't fit with me . I lost ground like that, as other farmers had complained to my farmer about the lamp, (but) I don't think he wanted the ear ache of them. now a (true) farmer one of my mates know , lets him on his ground and got 1000' acres , if other farmers moan to this farmer , he tells them there controlling foxes+ rabbits for day+ night, and he (will) have them on his ground and as long as they bell him no prob :yes: . I think today most land owners don't want running dogs on there ground in the 1st place, so just need a excuse to say no to you , pity there not many true farmers like my mate as got .

Even some of the farmers I work for are not so keen on lurchers even thought they have seen my dog and no he's 99.9% stock broken (don't like to say 100% there's always that chance they can have moment of madness) but with a bit of gentle persuasion and a couple of freebies hear and there they change there mind. And keep in good with the people who live round the ground I hunt because if they start complaining it can put the farmers off because they don't want the hassle you can't keep everyone happy but it pays to try and be friendly.

true mate :thumbs: suppose you go on land with a lab or springer and they treat you different, its they as you say don't like running dogs, Iam confusing them at moment with my 1x Alsatian x grey Buck, as they cant work out what he is. lol , that's great as he knocking over lot of stuff where ever I take him, only the lamp would let you know ive been there .lol in the day I say he guard dog protecting my other lurcher Bryn from nasty dogs :laugh:

Buck

IMG_03651_zps6nwj5sue.jpg

Its happening all over one of my farmers asked where you out last night as there tyre tracks all over the front field it wasnt me but as ive knew him for years he said i didnt think it was , but now theres paddlocks on all the gates

Shit dogs using motor to put 12 bends in so it's tongues hanging out then throw a bull x out n say ther dog does 5 a night haha .... It might do but it's been dropped nearly on top of a tired animal.. They wouldn't catch and kill 5 they'd be struggling to catch 2..... can't beat walking can always nip through a hedge or down a dyke

Well said that man.

• Like 1

It seems everyone is at that driving the land caper big 4x4 and your away even coursing hares in the snow lol

cop%20and%20hare_zpsny6xqfy8.jpg

:laugh:

• Like 2

About a 20 mile radious of Keswick I can go on nearly every where i want but I like it on the rough ground because it's less desirable to others who don't like going up and down fell sides a lot It keeps you fit though carrying a small hall of rabbits round your neck plus you can't beat the views when a lot of people pay a lot of money to see the same thing I see for free or get payed to do it when I go to gather the sheep down from the fells.

Most feilds are 4 or 5 acre at the most so there's not much point driving round them. Luckily I don't get much problem with poachers but Probaly will now I've said it lol.

was staying up at grange near Keswick a few years ago driving along a bloody fox jumped out in front of the car one night and then dragged itself into the undergrowth. Not wanting to leave a poor animal in pain I told the staffy to get on and FIND it which she promptly did just as a local pulled up and asked what I was doing :laugh: putting a mangy fuucker out of its misery mate I replied. Anyway next day I walked up to the farm house to mention it to G the farmer and he just laughed and said kill as many as ya want mate lol some great ground up that way ;) Edited by mushroom

About a 20 mile radious of Keswick I can go on nearly every where i want but I like it on the rough ground because it's less desirable to others who don't like going up and down fell sides a lot It keeps you fit though carrying a small hall of rabbits round your neck plus you can't beat the views when a lot of people pay a lot of money to see the same thing I see for free or get payed to do it when I go to gather the sheep down from the fells.

Most feilds are 4 or 5 acre at the most so there's not much point driving round them. Luckily I don't get much problem with poachers but Probaly will now I've said it lol.

was staying up at grange near Keswick a few years ago driving along a bloody fox jumped out in front of the car one night and then dragged itself into the undergrowth. Not wanting to leave a poor animal in pain I told the staffy to get on and FIND it which she promptly did just as a local pulled up and asked what I was doing :laugh: putting a mangy fuucker out of its misery mate I replied. Anyway next day I walked up to the farm house to mention it to G the farmer and he just laughed and said kill as many as ya want mate lol some great ground up that way ;)[\quote]

There's a fair bit of road kill on that road. Did you have a walk down to miligen daltons cave while you were down at grange? It's not far from G's campsite if that's where you stayed.

see what you have started now ben, coming on here causing bother :laugh:

eh up Keith how's things? Yep feked it up for me good and proper ,not to worry my lttleuns don't draw attention from plod anyhow keep calm and carry on eh atbBB

Lmao I have spent many a happy night in that cave. Walked up there one morning with the dogs, sat having a spliff looking down to the river and a herd of roe just appeared to the left no more than 15m away on the old trail to the top. lucky the dogs were next to me and I could grip them. That there rock at the top is one of my favourite places in the world seen pine martin up there, there's even a flat rock which you probably shouldn't turn over if you see it :laugh:

Edited by mushroom

It seems everyone is at that driving the land caper big 4x4 and your away even coursing hares in the snow lol

cop%20and%20hare_zpsny6xqfy8.jpg

Unlucky looking thing . . . and i don't mean the hare lol

Lmao I have spent many a happy night in that cave. Walked up there one morning with the dogs, sat having a spliff looking down to the river and a herd of roe just appeared to the left no more than 15m away on the old trail to the top. lucky the dogs were next to me and I could grip them. That there rock at the top is one of my favourite places in the world seen pine martin up there, there's even a flat rock which you probably shouldn't turn over if you see it :laugh:

I called that cave home for a couple months when I was 15 haha. A lad I grew up with had a lakey terrier that caught a pine Martin not far from there it was a fair while ago though. I'm positive there are hundreds maybe even thousands of stones that you never what to pick up in the lake district more reasons why I wear glove when I go dry stone walling.

• Like 1

I have to say I miss that particular neck of the woods, more than anywhere else living here.

Once spent the night in the cave with mates and one of the daft cnuts fell on his fork and had to go to that small hospital/1800's building at 3am lol now that is some walk down to G's to the cars on mushies :laugh:

:laugh: there have been many!

Was there with ex at G's camping one night a calm chilled walking trip.... I saw a load of people heading up and said to her hey up there's a party lol within 2 hours I'd turned her round and we were up there having a bevie and a right laugh :laugh: