Make Your Own Tools Thread.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok a lot of folks showing interest in the deer antler Opinels i have been doing so did a step by step tutorial when i made Flackos one.Posting here to keep all my stuff on one thread.   Use surclip

Thanks Guys, Glad you like them.   Heres the latest made it today. It's a Opinel No 12. Carved a wolf paw on the end of the handle.              

Thanks again for the feedback, hope i didn't bore you with too much detail. Job now complete, couple of pics with stove fitted and first fire, works a treat and much more efficient/ controllable than

Posted Images

Here we go again Griff. Love the standard. You may get a call from (PM) a guy needing some help with some kennels. Hop I did the right thing pal. Good New Year to you and yours. Speak to you again I've no doubt. Jok.

Picked up this blacksmith leg-vice recently on the local facebook marketplace for £25. Gave it a bit of TLC and welded up a stand with bits from the scrap pile. Fired the forge up and put it through it's paces, very useful piece of kit. Handy to be able to get right round also deeper from jaws to screw than a standard engineers vice which never seems enough clearance. The benefit of a leg is it transfers the shock to the ground so good for hammering the stuffing out of the work gripped in it.

P1060031_zpsj3ezze8n.jpg

P1060074_zpsx0pptfw6.jpg

P1060070_zpsvfopbtlm.jpg

• Like 7